What We Do In The Shadows

Start from the beginning

She dabs her skin gently, allowing the red, warm liquid to fully soak in before she washes away the remaining. Once she is done, she gives you her hand so you can help her get out of the coffin and her pale body shines in contrast with the warm coloring of the candle lights.

Annie reaches for the outfit you had planned for her and for a second, you turn around in the hopes of giving her some privacy, but it doesn't last. She clears her throat and you look at her once more, cheeks becoming hot to the touch and your thoughts become incoherent.

She is beautiful, the most beautiful person you have ever seen in your entire life. You shake your head, pushing away how flustered you are and handing her the pieces of clothing. She thanks you with a nod.

Once she is done, Annie tries to look at herself in the mirror, only to let out an annoyed grunt. "Ugh." It brings a quiet giggle out of you and, inevitably, she smiles. It quickly fades away as her face shifts and you know she wants to speak about serious matters.

"You know, y/n..." She begins, though a very long pause follows after your name falls from her lips.

"Yes, master?" You try to get her to continue.

"The world is a cruel place and you need to learn to take care of yourself." Annie says, adjusting her cloak, "You can't keep relying on me to keep protecting you."

"What are you talking about?" You inquire in an angry tone, "It is me who has been protecting you!"

"Oh so you shooed away a few assassins; who gives a shit?"

"If it wasn't for me, you would be dead by now!" You refute, hand gesture growing more aggressive by the minute, "If not by assassins, then by my very own hands."

"What?" She asks, eyes as wide as they can go. She's baffled by the way you are speaking to her.

"I will remind you that I am, by birth and lineage, a vampire killer." She doesn't say anything in response, so you continue. "The only reason you are alive is because I let you live." You remind her,

"What did you just say?" Annie demands that you repeat, and so you do.

"The only reason you are alive," You say, eloquently vocalizing every word, "is because I let you live."

"Oh my dear, poor y/n." Annie giggles, covering her mouth with the tip of her fingers. "You were hypnotized, remember? You are unable to hurt me or any other vampires you might come in contact with and the reason you don't remember is because I used hypno-"

You don't give her enough time to finish that sentence. Immediately, you reach for her arm and twist it behind her back, knees bending at the back of hers as you bring her body down. Using the inside of your elbow, you begin to choke her and make it unable for her to speak.

"Hypnosis doesn't work on me." You inform her, "I just didn't want you to feel weak."

"I never feel weak." Annie replies, using her free arm to grab the one you have around her neck and flipping you over her coffin, a yelp escaping your lips once your body comes in contact with the wooden surface.

She proceeds to reach for the suit of armor that resides in her room, pulling out the sword that came with it and jumping on top of the coffin. One foot in between your legs while the other presses down on your stomach.

Annie points the sword to your throat. "Any last words?"

"Just two." You respond and she nods, pressing it a little further deep into your skin. "Annie, fall."

She looks confused for a second and you take the opportunity to punch her leg, causing her to trip and fall off. It takes you a second to regain control of the situation and you stand up on the surface once more, the idea of throwing your body above hers crosses your mind but ultimately, you don't want to harm her, you love her.