Chapter 18

Marth finds Link in a clearing, empty except for him. Pit flies up in a tree, and the rest of them hide behind the trees, watching.

Black shadow forms and trails around Link, but he stays stiff. The shadow collects in front of him and forms a humanly figure, then turns into Dark Link and Dark Toon.

"Sit back. Watch and learn." Dark Link smirks. "Toon."

Dark Toon smirks and sits back, hands behind his head. Then, the Links start battling.

"This is not like your silly battles with your friends." Dark Link says, slashing.

"Save your breath, Dark." Link says, dodging and attempting his own blows.

They move quickly, at the same time, almost as one. They move quickly and fluidly, with close sword hits, but none of them find their target.

Suddenly, Pit is launched out of his tree. In his place is Dark Pit. Pit stands and looks up at Dark Pit. "What gives?"

"Sorry, Pit." Dark Pit whispers, voice full of regret.

"Good one. DT." Dark Link glances at his brother. Dark Toon raises his head. He stands up and walks towards the group.

"Well, well, well. Look at this." Dark Toon grabs Toon's collar and throws him into the clearing.

"Toon!" Link exclaims, distracted. It's his great flaw. Dark brings his sword down on Link's shoulder, and Link gets cut deeply.

A second goes by in slow motion, and Link falls to his knees, shoulder gushing blood. A realization strikes him like lightning. Dark is going to kill him.

Dark raises his blade. Toon cries out and steps in just before Dark Toon is able to grab him, blocking the blow that would have killed his brother.

Marth pulls Link away, and helps him get up. Toon fights Dark with all his might, but he won't be able to for long.

"You need to finish this. It's you or him." Marth says. Link lets out a breath and nods.

Link fights harder than ever before, but it still takes very long. They all watch in fear, especially Toon.

Finally, panting, Link flips him over onto his back and holds his sword to his chest. He closes his eyes and plants his sword into the ground. Dark Toon screams.

Link wobbles and falls to his knees. Toon runs to him, and lets his brother's blood pour over him as he wraps his arms around his neck. Link smiles and sighs, then his world goes black.

A/N
Thanks, KaliBridger for amazing comments that made me feel really good!! ^.^