Chapter 5

"I totally forgot about school." Marth complains, face red from scrubbing it. He sits down in the cat next to Toon, who managed to fit Lucas and Ness in his seatbelt, as Ike and Pit sit behind them.

"Zelda asked if I could pick her up, mom." Link says as he sits in the passenger side.

"Alright." Under her breath she mutter something like, "Not hard enough on them."

Toon makes kissing noises behind Link, giggling with his two friends. Marth smirks, and Link glares at them. "Shuddup."

"Hey! None of that, any of you!" Mrs. Force snaps.

"Kay!" Toon sings. They all go silent, but Toon still makes faces when his mom isn't looking.

"We're here, Link. Hurry up." Mrs. Force says. Link thanks her and goes up to the door. After a moment, Zelda, his girlfriend, comes out.

"I bet he's blushing." Marth whispers. Toon giggles. The two turn back towards the car, and sure enough, Link's face is as red as a stop sign.

"Good morning, Mrs. Force." Zelda says in her sweet voice, sitting down in the passenger seat.

"He's giving up his precious front seat for his girl!" Toon whispers loudly.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Mrs. Force answers, giving the backseat members a warning glance. Link sits wedged between Marth and Pit. Toon teases him from behind, and Ike keeps his bored face the whole time, head close to the ceiling.

* * * * * * * * * *

"Thank you, Mrs. Force." Zelda says as she gets out at school.

"You're welcome, Miss Harkinian." Link's mom turned to us. "No funny business, or I will ground you for an extra week than I was going to."

"Yes, ma'am." Link answers stiffly, then turns towards the school. Mrs. Force's car speeds off.

"Whelp, we're here. I just hope it's over soon..." Marth breathes.

"Trust me, it won't be." Link answers and walks towards the school.

"That's very really reassuring." Marth mutters, following his friend.

"Go to school, Toon." Link tells his brother, pointing to the elementary school.

"Nnnn-o." Toon says, crossing his arms and pursing his lips.

"Go!" Link orders. Toon shakes his head.

"Have fun with this." Pit says, flying ahead.

"I won't go. I'm big now. I'm going to middle school." Toon insists.

"Ness and Lucas." Ike whispers. Link nods, and Ike follows Pit inside.

"What about your friends?" Link asks.

"Ness and Lukie are comin' with me!" Toon cheers. Ness nods, but Lucas isn't paying attention.

"No. You need to go to your school with your friends, and I'll go to mine." Link says.

"Link, we're going to be late..." Zelda says, worried.

"I know, I just can't get Toon to budge!" He sighs.

"Toony, what's going on?" Lucas says. Toon doesn't answer, but looks up at his brother.

"Why are you still here?" Lucas glances at Link.

"Trying to make Toon to go to school." Link huffs.

"He won't let me come with him to big school." Toon pouts.

"I don't wanna go to big school. My big sis Rosie said it's hard!!" Lucas pipes up.

"Okay." Toon sighs.

"Go now." Link says. Ness and Lukas go on either side of Toon as they skip to school not far away. Link sighs and turns to Zelda, and they go inside their own school.