Chapter 15

Link turns around in panick. "What are we doing here, Toon?"

"I heard voices calling me." Toon whispers, staring into the shadows.

"Wha-" Link's voice is cut off by a laugh that sends chills up their spines.

"What was that?" Pit looks around frantically.

"We're gonna get murdered! We're going to die!" Marth wails. Ike smacks the back of his head.

"Idiot. You have a sword!!" Link hisses.

A figure as tall as Link appears in the shadows, making them all gasp. A smile glints on his face.

"No- no way!!" Link exclaims. The figure melts out of the shadows. It's exactly like seeing Pit and Dark Pit face-to-face, except with Link.

"What's going on!?" Marth exclaims, blinking. The dark Link smirks cruelly, then a dark Toon melts beside him. Toon whimpers.

"I'm dreaming." Pit breathes.

"No." Link gulps.

"Miss me?" The dark Link hisses.

Link stares hard. "You know I did."

* * * * * * * * * *

"You know him!?" Marth exclaims.

"Oh, sorry." The dark Link smirks. "I didn't realize that my brother didn't tell you about me."

"You have a brother!?" Ike exclaims.

"I had a brother. He died when we were ten." Link breathes.

"Supposedly." The dark Link stares at Link with a hungry gleam in his blood red eyes.

"And what about Dark Toon?" Link asks, shifting his glare at the ground.

"Adopted brother. To remind me of your betrayal." Link growls. The dark Toon smirks at Toon, who shuffles closer to Link.

"Since when did I betray you?" Link grits his teeth, then flinches as his dark version gets close to his face.

"Dark, listen-" Link inhales sharply.

"No. You listen to me." Dark's red eyes burn into Link's blue ones. "You wounded me. I will never forget, and there isn't a chance that I'll forgive."

"We were just kids. We were playing. I didn't do it on purpose. We were always together. I was grief-stricken. I thought I wouldn't be able to live with the pain." Link sighs.

"Do you think that I could live with the pain!? I thought I was dead!! It's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!" Dark pushes Link away and whips around, hand on his forehead.

"I'm sorry, Dark. I am. We can have that again." Link extends his hand. Dark's expression softens, then he cries out again.

"You don't get it! I don't want that! I was alone! You betrayed me! It will never be the same again, and it's YOUR FAULT!!!" Dark pulls out a sword, identical to Link's, and holds it against Link's neck.

"I won't fight you." Link says, voice hard.

"I think you will. I'll be seeing you around, BROTHER." Dark whispers angrily. He whips back around and sheathes his sword. He then disappears into the shadows once more.