Reunions

"Shinra?" I turned, eyes widening in the slightest as he stared back at the doctor.

Within a second, Shinra let out a shriek, his hands thrown in the air, fingers curling and twitching as he shook in his shoes.

Dark shadows began to spew out across the floor, twisting together and morphing into a large-pitch black scythe to wield in Celty's hands. She lifted it high, grazing the apartment ceilings as Shinra stared frozen still looking at me in shock.

My hands braced against the couch, ready to run in case the fairy decided to swing her weapon down. I was almost certain that a Dulluhan's scythe would manage to hurt this form. Instead, she stood frozen, arms quivering in a strange sense as she stood with the thing still raised high in the air. Her stance was still wide-legged and sturdy, ready for combat, there something ominous as waves of shadow puddled out from under her yellow helmet.

And yet she stood there with shaky hands, frozen in what almost seemed confusion as the dark sheet of glass from her helmet stared back at me.

Before my eyes could even settle on her helmet long enough to notice the lack of my reflection- Shizuo stood in front of me hands frantically waving something ridiculous.

"Hold on a second Celty-!" Celty's scythe leaned even further away in her questioning grip as she looked towards Shizu-chan. "Shit- Everybody just calm down! I can explain-" His words rolled out into a growl as he glared at Shinra, who had not managed a single understandable word as mumbled out sounds with a pointed finger raised towards me.

"I-IZAYA!?" Shinra managed to sputter out, his hands shook as he let out a final squeak, though I wasn't quite sure if it was from the sight of me or the burning glare Shizuo had sent his way.

I blinked back at Shizuo before staring back at the doctor, everybody in the stand-still was frozen solid in their spot allowing the silence to begin filling the room. After a few drawled-out seconds, Celty's shoulders slumped with a heft, her blade dispersing into shadows as she quickly pulled out her PDA instead.

With the most apparent threat of an all looming scythe gone, Shizu-chan also relaxed, at least a bit, his hands falling to the sides instead of where he had them raised- almost as if he had made himself some sort of makeshift-human shield.

My brows furrowed as I looked at the back of Shizuo, who still stood standing in front of me as he stared at the other two. I rose from the couch, lips pursed as I couldn't pull my gaze away from the iron wall Shizu-chan's back had seemed to create.

I shook my head, sliding to stand at the side of Shizu-chan, choosing to ignore the strange display, in favor of getting a clearer view of the other two.

Pulling on a familiar tilt of a smile, I watched as the other two gawked at me. Smooth curls of black pulled off my form as my jacket swayed with my steps, "Hello Shirna- Celty." It was truly amusing how their shoulders jerked back at the sound of my voice

Shinra's hands, one of which was still pointed rather harshly towards me, began to teeter, lowering slowly to hang limply at the doctor's sides.

"How..?" Shinra's jaw sat relaxed and open- his words much quieter now that his previous screams as his head lolled between me and Shizu-chan.

"We're not exactly sure." The beast quirked an awkward smile, his hand raising to rub at the back of his neck as he felt what I could only presume to be Celty's looming-headless gaze.

"So- It's really you? Your Izaya?" Shinra's brows were twitching in unison with his fingers as he swallowed.

I stared at him for a moment, unsure of Shinra's entirely baffled display. My usual expression was kept splayed across my features as I closed my eyes and shrugged, "Of course Shinra, who else could I be?" Shaking my head in theatric disbelief.