Tied

I couldn't help but pull a satisfied smile when I saw how doomed Shizu-chan looked. It was certainly an interesting surprise to discover Shizu-chan could now see me. It's not much of an upgrade in terms of observing my humans, but it's entertainment. Something I've been severely lacking for the past months.

The room felt heavy with tension as Shizuo stared back at me. It was obvious his temper was rising, but there was this hesitant flicker in his eyes whenever he stared at me for too long.

The more the situation steeled, the less I was able to hold in my laughter. It was just too amusing! To be stuck with the monster you hate most! I've never been one to believe in religion, but this scenario was something straight out of poetry, written of karma and divine punishment.

My laugh flickered out to a small giggle as I waved my hand in dismissal towards Shizu-chan. The sun had finally started to rise to something more vibrant, coating the small apartment in a warm hue. Shizu-chan's apartment wasn't much, barely an upgrade from a studio apartment, but I'll give him some credit. To my own surprise, the place was kept quite clean and simple, it allowed the apartment to feel a bit more spacious at the very least.

Not that really mattered, being able to walk through furniture did change a few things when it came to interior design.

As I glanced around his living room, Shizu-chan stayed slumped on his couch, shoulders haunched and guarded like he was just waiting for a knife to fly his way. I huffed a small sigh, "It appears we'll be living together for the unspecified future. How exciting." His eyes rolled at my obviously false tone. "Now, I'd suggest you bandage your hands before you stain your couch. If I am to be living here, I'd like to keep it clean."

He was about to growl out a retort before he looked down towards his sliced palms. "Ah- Shit." His shoulders dropped something relaxed as he changed his attention towards his hands which still had some shards embedded. Rising from his seat, he shuffled his way towards the bathroom, the sound of tap water and rustling fabric following soon after as he cleaned up his hands.

With a small shake of disapproval, I "walked" over towards a window that held the best view of the street below. Not many people passed by, at least not interesting, but I would take what I could get at this point.

The sink handle turned with a squeak, heavy steps disappearing behind Shizu-chan's door with a thump. The sun passed my sight as an absent thought, "He must be getting ready for work."

The morning went by pretty peacefully from there. Shizu-chan got dressed, showered, threw his coffee mug at me because I pissed him off, and managed to crack the wall behind me.

All of which I could only suspect to be our new morning routine.

"How are your teeth still intact? I don't understand how your molars haven't rotted from the amount of pure sugar you consume on the daily. It's repulsive." The time was now somewhere around six in the morning, and he was just about to leave for work.

I had to admit, not having a physical body did have its quirks. Especially when your situation involves somebody who solves all their issues with pure brute force. With that being said, I've successfully managed to pester Shizu-chan all morning.

Oh and this was only the beginning.

I snickered at the thought, things definitely won't end at harmless little teasing comments. Now that would just be boring. My head rested on my hand as I "leaned" against the kitchen counter. Just thinking about it made my smile broaden.

Oh, the options.

I lifted my head with a startle as I heard Shizu-chan make his way towards the front door. With a shuffle of steps, I hurried through the kitchen cabinets. All while blabbering on whatever could make him even angrier before he left.