Chapter 11 / Facing The Darkness

I felt the van come to an abrupt stop, making me slide back from the sudden force. I crash back into Clyde, who catches me quickly. I sit up, as the doors to the van suddenly swing open. Jeff stands there looking between Clyde and I. A brow raised.

"So.. He was the one you were so scared for?" He ask, a mixture of hurt and mock. Clyde looks away from Jeff, down at the floor of the van somewhere else.

"I told you, you'd hate me." I mumble back, looking away as well.

"Look.. I'm sorry, Jeff. Just don't be mad at your sister, alright?" Clyde looks over at him, almost defeated looking. I push myself up, trying to exit the back of the van. Clyde rushes up, trying to help me.

"Of all people, Aunna. Really.. You just had to fall for the bully?" He sighs out. I try to hide my smile, looking away from the two in front of me.

"Would you shut up now, please?" The others chuckle beside me, me realizing I was still holding onto the sack of money. I tossed it to Jeff, causing him to start look in it in curiosity.

"Go, give that to dad. Looks like we're moving again." His head whips up at me after he looks inside, causing Clyde to look between us almost frightfully.

"Where the hell did you get all of this?!" Clyde leans over, trying to look in, staring at me in shock after he does so.

"From everything. Stealing it, saving it, betting it." I grin, as the other two share a look.

"Dude, your sister is fucking awesome." Jeff smiles, looking back at me as I smile between the two.

"Yeah, she is." My smile slowly drops, my eyes diverting past the boys in front of me.

" My smile slowly drops, my eyes diverting past the boys in front of me

"It's time you saw what happen, to the Creed's." My head slowly turned to the side, hearing the voice I've been hearing so often. My eyes trailing up and down the guy that was beside me me in a blink of an eye. I stiffen seeing a man standing beside me that wasn't there before. He was tall and skinny, wearing short red shorts, a plain grey shirt and sweatshirt. His skin pale and deathly looking. My eyes trailed to the side of his head, seeing nearly half his head was caved in and split open. Brain spewing out. He looked over at me, slowly walking towards the house. I watched him walking, slowly followed behind him. We walked past between the boys, leaving them there in question, ignoring their calls and my senses leaving me.

"What's the point in seeing it all now? It's over." He shook his head, as we made our way up the stairs.

"It's not over. It's never over as long as the creature still lays dormant. You were lucky, you kept your family, most of it anyways. You even saved your boyfriend. But for most people, like Louis Creed, they aren't so lucky."

"Lucky? You call that lucky?!" I yelled at him, unaware of the two boys standing in the doorway watching, glancing back and forth to each other.

"Incredibly lucky, actually. Just ask Creed." He pointed towards the kitchen. I stiffened, looking in the direction, knowing he meant to go to the closet. My throat felt dry, and my heart started pounding at the very thought. I looked back at the guy again, slowly walking towards the door to the kitchen. Was.. this door closed when I left? I slowly pushed opened the door, meeting that horrible stench as I had last time I was here.