Chapter 8 / A Race Against Evil Forces

I woke up the next morning, immediately knowing something was off. I looked at the clock, seeing it was well past early morning. But I set an alarm!  I went straight for my dresser, grabbing something entirely random as I thought about how the evil in this town was already trying to put me at a disadvantage. 

    I threw on my jacket and dashed down stairs. I almost faltered, seeing dad sitting at the table reading the paper and drinking coffee. I walked past him, his eyes staring blankly into space. I frowned, turning towards the knive set near the sink. I looked at the set, slowly pulling the largest from the set from its spot.
"What are you doing?" My father's voice came to life, but still sounded far away. I jumped back in reaction, pulling my hand away from the knives and looked at him.
"I was looking for something." I answered dully, grabbing two knives from the holder. I tucked them under my jacket and ran upstairs. I went back to my room, slamming the door shut. I fell back on the bed, the two felines watching me curiously as I tucked each of the knives into a boot, making sure they were secured and in place. I breathed in deeply and looked at  Missy and Tiger. I scratched each of them behind the ear. Reassuring myself.
"I'll see you two later." I bud my farewells to the tiny creatures, shuffling down the stairs quickly.
"Where are you going?" Dad asked out with breathless concern.
"Just be careful while I'm gone, dad. Keep the doors locked." I instruct before walking out of the door. I walked down the stairs and around back, getting my bike out from the shed. I started it up, kicking up dirt as I sped off. I just hope I'm not to late...

    I started nearing the spot from my dreams, my heart hammering in my chest. I felt sick to my stomach every time I think back to the dream. To say it was graphic was an understatement. Shuddering as I felt the splatter of his blood slap across my face. I couldn't get the image out of my head no matter how hard I tried to think of something else. Anything else but the closer I got the more I felt like.. I was gonna have to watch Clyde die all over again..

     I continued for the area, panicking at I seen a person in the distance. In the same area where I had seen Clyde run Jeff off the road, was Drew. Wait, since when was Drew here!? He was never here before- He's not supposed to be here! Damn it all to hell! That probably means Jeff and Clyde are already here also! .. Unless I'm too late..I  tensed at the thought, revving the bike faster. As I got closer I started to hear faint yelling over my bike's engine...and another engine. I finally got up to Drew and quickly stopped, even though I didn't want to.

   I sped up to Drew, just barely able to hear the sounds of yelling over my engine

   I sped up to Drew, just barely able to hear the sounds of yelling over my engine.. as well as another engine. Revving wildly. 

"Drew, get the fuck out of here! Drew, leave! NOW!" I rushed out at him, stopping short as he still stood frozen. He looked at me wide eyed, the look of regret and remorse there but was too shocked to actually say something. He nods quickly, taking off on his bike as I continued further down the road towards Clyde and Gus.