Chapter 10 / Dead Belongs Dead

I raced home as fast as I could, hoping Clyde would listen to me. I don't need him coming after me and getting hurt. If he were.. I already saved him once, that's more than I've been able to do for anyone else so far.. I never should have let them bury the dog. I should have left the hospital, I knew they were gonna bury Gus. Jeff promised he wouldn't though! Wait.. He really has been planning this.. To see if this would actually work, so he could bring mom back. That son of a bitch! Jeff why wouldn't you just listen to me!

"They never listen. Once they're consumed by the sadness of loosing a loved one, they grow desperate. They want their loved one to come back, no matter who it hurts. Louis just wanted his boy back, but his boy wasn't what came back. It may have looked like him, but his boy was already dead." I felt my eyes water, knowing the feeling. I want my mother back, but she's dead. I live in guilt every day, knowing I told her to just disappear, not even saying I loved her back. I know I can't bring her back, and if I tried it wouldn't be my mother that came back. Jeff is so blind for his love and grief over losing mom, he doesn't care about the consequences. How this would hurt dad and I. How everything he's done so far, has hurt everyone around him. I wonder if Drew and his mom are.. Gus lives with them. Gus hated Drew before he turned into this.. this monster. I tried shaking the thought, coming up on the house. I jumped off, tripping halfway up the stairs. I quickly regained footing, rushing inside. I stopped abruptly, looking around. It's.. it's to quiet. It's like the whole house is dead. I tensed at the choice of words, feeling worried about dad and Jeff. Jeff is too blind right now, what if that thing takes advantage of his weakness? Jeff! I ran through the house, making my way up the stairs as fast as possible. I stopped looking around the attic. This.. this is fucking creepy. I looked around cautiously, seeing all of moms stuff laid out, dresses hung on some of her old half mannequins. Her makeup table lit up and all set up as well. Fresh flowers all around. Her sweet perfume lingering in the air heavily. I gasped out, seeing dad laying on the floor.

"Dad!" I rushed by his side, noticing quickly that someone else was in the room with me. I looked up, seeing mom and Jeff sitting on the lounge sofa. She gave me a sickly sweet smile, as she embraced Jeff closely, tilting her head to the side as Jeff just stared at me with empty eyes.

"I was wondering when my sweet daughter would finally show up." I stared at her, not being able to get over the shock of actually seeing her. "That's not your mother." I nodded my head to myself. That's not my mother. My mother is dead. She died, from a freak movie accident while filming.

"To bad your not my mother." Her gaze on me seemed to harden, her eyes showing the slightest bit of fault.

"I knew you always hated me, but honestly Aunna. That was just cold, even for you." It tried to mock my quilt, hoping to make me feel worse. I stepped closer, looking at Jeff who stared almost lifelessly at me. I shook my head to the she-impostor.

"No. I loved my mother. But she's dead. You're.. You're not even human." I stared, trying so hard to get over the fact.. that my mother was standing before me, but it wasn't even her. It was a lifeless, sadistic hollow monster, that took my mothers body for it's own. I growled at the thing, now pissed at the new found thought, cutting it off from speaking.

"You stole my mother's body. It doesn't belong to you." I said in a low, warning voice. I started taking a few steps closer, suddenly being thrown across the room. I groaned out, hearing the thing calling itself my mother laugh out.

"You believe I'm your mother, don't you Jeff?" I looked up, seeing Gus was standing there with an ax in both hands. Beside him, Jeff looked at the monster he was still hugging, nodding to it.