Chapter 4 / First Tragedy

I got ready for bed, saying my good nights to Jeff and dad already. I turned off the lights while crawling under the covers while Missy cuddled against my stomach. Today was hell, first Scarfy's stupid little comments, bloody nose and ruined my favorite jacket, and went half crazy looking at a house.. Where a murder took place!. Yep.. This was fun.. At least I learn the asshole's name... Clyde. Would be cuter if he wasn't such a dickhead.. I cannot wait to sleep... So I thought anyways,

"I have  to bury Zowie." I looked over to the side of me, seeing Drew and Jeff. Drew looked sad as he stood before my brother, Jeff sat on his bike beside him. I looked around confused, seeing just the two of them.

"Jeff, what are you doing here? And.. Hey. Who's, Zowie? Why does Drew need to bury him?" I tried asking him, hoping he'd answer me. But he didn't. He ignored me, not even glancing in my direction.
"I'll go get a shovel." Jeff said sadly, taking off from his spot.

"Pet Sematary..." I heard a voice whisper out airily. It wasn't my mother this time. It sounded male. 

"What? What does Pet Sematary have to do with anything?" I asked dumbly. I watched as Drew  slowly turned back and walked off.
"Don't let them go to Pet Sematary.." The voice whispered out again forbodingly.

"Why? What is so bad about Pet Sematary? It's bad, isn't it? Did that house have to do with it?" I asked out again, looking around desperately for the voice that seemed to be everywhere around me at once.
"You can't let them go to Pet Sematary..." My face scrunched, a mixture of fright and annoyance stirring in me greatly.

"But why?! Why is it so bad!?" There was no one there, just me alone in a now dense fog. One that slowly started to show but in a blink of an eye was all around.

   I heard a low growl sound from behind me, causing me to turn around in alarm, but it was so dark I couldn't see anything. But I could sense there was something there. Something that was staring back. I squinted my eyes trying to make the thing out in the dark. The figure growled again, my eyes widening as I saw a big dog take a step towards me. It was gross looking. It's whole body was all bloody and covered in dirt. It's fur matted and clumps of dirt stuck in it's fur. Like it had been to hell and back. It growled again. 'This is bad. Really, really bad. Wait! This is this because of Pet Sematary? No, that.. That can't be possible..

"You know it's true.." I heard faintly. I don't know if it was someone in my dreams saying it or just myself, but it was true. I do know, I don't know how or why. But I do. I closed my eyes for a brief second and reopened them, just as the dog lunged at me.

   I jumped and flung up from my bed. My father opening the door just as I sat up.
"Time for school." I nodded my head quickly, slightly panting from before. He stopped his leaving, looking back at me again curiously.
"Are you alright, Aunna?" I cleared my throat and nodded my head.
"Yeah. Fine." He gave a look but accepted the answer anyways, deciding to leave it for the time being.

"Don't let them go to Pet Sematary..'" My eyes widen, jumping up from my bed, almost knocking Missy off. I ran out my door and to Jeff's quickly. I swung the door open but he wasn't in there. Damn! I ran back into my room randomly picking out an outfit and threw it on as I ran down the stairs. Almost tripping down the steps to put my shoe on.

"Hey, dad. Where's Jeff?" I asked quickly as I finished tying up my boots. He looked up from the newspaper he was reading.
"He went over to Drew's place. If you want I-" He started but I was already halfway out the door.
"Thanks." I yelled running down the steps and to my bike.