Chapter 3 / Gruesome Visions

I shook my head, leaving the other two behind and continued my way for my bike. The previous feeling left me feeling uneasy and on edge.  I got on the bike, making my way back the way I came, just wanting to go home. I stopped outside the house I had passed earlier. Something telling me to stop and look at the place. I hummed quietly to myself, already not liking the feeling I was having but.. I mean I'm curious.. Not gonna lie.  

   I examined the outside of the building. It was old looking, at least a few years since there's been anybody that's lived there. The house was worn out, the paint was peeling and chipping off all around it. Windows, old and musty. Moss growing in several different places, especially all along the bottom. Even the mailbox, was old and beat up looking. The grass was dead, sucked dry of any life. 

   I got off the bike, almost subconsciously and slowly started making my way towards the house. Stepping up the stairs and stopping in front of the door. I reached my hand out and twisted the nob, slowly pushing the door open. The door made a low creaking sound, just adding to the eerie feeling I already had. It felt... strange to be in here. It was like the place was dead but alive as well. It literally felt like someone was somewhere in the house. Like they were just going to pop out of no where at any moment. 

  There was a gross scent lingering in the air, only getting stronger the more I walked into the house. It looked like I was in the living room, mostly because there was a couch that was stained and torn in a section of the room. The place was a mess, toys, pictures, and junk just littered the floors. My eyes glanced to a pile of pictures, walking over to the them and picked up a random photo from the pile. It was a family photo, a little girl, a baby boy, a mom and a dad. They look happy, but if they were so happy than what the hell happened to this place? I placed it down where it was before and picked up another. This time it was the dad and the baby boy. It was like, they didn't have a care in the word. They looked happy, the baby was smiling widely, his eyes full of life. The father had a proud smile, hugging his son close to him. Like he was sure no one was going to touch his baby, not while he was around. I smiled and placed the photo down before standing up.

   I walked towards the closest door I found next. It was gross and abused looking, the more I walked towards the door the more the stench got. The heavier the feeling of dread got. I almost gagged when I opened the door, the stench practically slapping me in the face. I opened the door more and looked around in the room in complete horror. Blood. Blood was almost everywhere. My hand flew up to my nose to try and block out the putrid stench, while I stayed in place examining the room. To shock to move at first.  Dried blood smeared onto the walls, more blood splattered along the walls. Hand prints of blood was printed on the floor, the walls and even on the table. As if they were trying to keep themselves up.. To get away.. And the smell, it was like there was a body buried somewhere in the kitchen. Just rotting away. There can't possibly be an actual body in here could there? No... Then why do I feel like... like there's something hiding behind that door? Is there someone really in here? 

   I shook my head, wanting to just get out of the house, but my mind wouldn't let me. It was like my body wouldn't let me leave unless I looked through the door. My feet forced me through the dried blood that was coated on the floor, staring at the door fearfully. I started feeling more and more uneasy, my heart pounding in my chest the closer I got. My head felt heavy, and I could start to hear the beating of my own heart pounding in my ears. I reached out, ignoring the blood that was on the door handle insensibly and begun to twist the nob. I was about to pull it open when something flashed across my eyes. I jumped, my scream cut short as something blocked my vision.

It was the door, slowly opening. I realized quickly..it was the guy from the pictures. He was all... bloody, Soaked in his own blood. It looked like he was just thrown into the small closet like room, after being stabbed to death brutally and viciously. The blood still dripping from his body and pooling onto the floor around him. His eyes far and distances but somehow also the look of terror and grief.

  The image stopped and I was left staring shakily at the door that I was about to open before. I started to let go of the handle, but shook my head, swallowing the lump in my throat and swung the door open before I could stop myself. Empty, besides dried blood that caked the walls and floor, the stench from before was stronger than ever, like there really was a body still there. I gagged and backed away from the small closet. I came to a stop when my back hit the table and I looked back, the blood that was on the table standing out profoundly. My mind flashing an image of the guy from the closet. He was killed!? By who though? Who would want him dead!? In the picture he looked so happy, he had a family. I closed my eyes briefly as my head started pounding even more than before. I turned around quickly and went straight through the living room and out the front door. I sped to my bike in a frenzied state, hopping on my bike quickly before taking off for home.

   I stopped out side of the house and let the bike fall to the ground. Heading right up the stairs and straight through the front door. 
"Jeff?" I heard dad ask. I looked over and went into the kitchen seeing dad sitting at the table and some woman leaning against the counter.
"Just me... Dad, who's this?" I asked eyeing the woman suspiciously. They both looked over at me once I finally made my way in front of them.
"Oh my God, Aunna!? What the hell ...How'd-? Did you get in a fight?" Dad asked starting to stand up. Not sure how to react verses respond.
"No, I was defending someone. Now.. Who the hell is this?" I demanded, glaring at the woman now.
"Oh uh, this is Marjorie." He stated. I raised a brow into an unfriendly look at her, while she stepped forward and held out her hand.
"It's nice to meet you. Your father has told me so much about you." She urged. I sneered at her hand, not interested in the slightest. If I was being honest, there was something.. something about her that reminded me of my mom. She didn't really look like her, and she poorly acted like her.. but.. still..
"So then he's told you that I hate eager, stupid, annoying women. Like yourself, actually. Stop playing my father, and get the hell out of my home." I growled, stomping out of the room while dad yelled after me. I saw the front door open as I rounded for the stairs, seeing that it was Jeff. I ignored him, still stomping up the stairs while dad continued to yell after me. I opened my bedroom door and went in closing the door shut, locking it behind me. I threw my backpack on the floor, about to flop on the bed when I remembered that I had a kitten running around somewhere in the bedroom now. I stopped and looked at the bed, but she wasn't there. I gave a slight smile while looking around the room.

"Missy~" I sang. She didn't make a noise what so ever. I was actually half worried something bad might have happened to her somehow while I was gone until I heard a small sneeze come from under the bed. I quickly dropped to my knees and pulled the blanket up, finding her under it. I almost smiled while she ran out from under it and rammed into my forehead. I shook my head and went to the bathroom, cleaning up before going back into my room.