Chapter 5 / Halloween and More Tragedy

The days seemed to tick by slowly ever since that thing has come back. Continuing to pose as Drew's once beloved dog. I've made sure to stay as far away from it as possible, but I can still feel it out there. I honestly thought the dog had it out for me. Just the way It looked it me.. I haven't been talking to Drew nor Jeff since then either, making sure to stay clear of them as well. Was the silent treatment childish? Maybe, yes.. Well that get me to stop? No. No, it well not.

    I finished putting my clothes on before opening my bedroom door, Jeff opening his at the same time. I glared at him, continuing my way down the stairs begrudgingly. 

"Oh, come on, Aunna." I ignored him, him huffing as he follows behind.

"You can't ignore me forever, ya know." I kept quiet, making my way to the kitchen.

"You guys ready?" I nodded to my father, following him out to the van. I climbed in the back after putting my bike in, sitting down against the side of the wall. The van took off as I pulled my knees up to my chest, glaring off at the wall of the van. I can't believe it actually came back.. How is that even possible? That can't be possible! But.. for some reason, I feel like it is. That place has got to be why that house was trashed and.. and covered in blood, isn't it? Why that guy was killed and shoved away in the closet.. I just know it. That place just screams danger and those two idiots still went and buried the damn thing after I told them not too! Jeff wouldn't even listen to me and they act like it was a joke! Drew was holding the dog, he knew it was dead! So how could he possibly even think that he just buried it alive!?.. He missed him. I sighed to myself, once again feeling bad for the boy. I know but still... Dead should stay dead. I froze from the though that came to mind, just as the doors to the back of the van swung open.

"Come on! You can't just ignore school either." It was a mixture of taunting and joking. I shifted my glare to him, ignoring the kids staring at me weirdly as they often do. I stood up, ducking as I made my way out, still glaring at him as I shoved past him. I bumped shoulders with him, walking past and around the van to get my bike.

"Aunna, you can't seriously keep this up forever. I mean-.. Come on..  Aunna!" Jeff continued the whole time we got our bikes and made it to the bike rack. I pushed my bike harshly in the bike rack, Drew now making his way over. A friendly smile plastered on his face in hopes to gain me over.

"Hey, Aunna." I turned my glare to him briefly, looking between the two heatedly. His smile dropping abruptly as he turned to Jeff, scared.

"Wow, she's pissed." I shook my head to myself, holding my hands up at them, as if letting them know how badly I wanted to strangle them. Jeff made a face, trying not to smile or laugh. I walked past them, trying to distance myself from them before I really did cause them harm.

"You can't stay mad forever!" I stopped walking to the doors, looking back at Jeff. I wasn't sure what kind of look I gave him. I knew it was one full of anger, hurt, but there was fear too. That I'm sure of. His smile slowly fading, as we held eye contact for a moment. I noticed someone shuffle behind him, as if trying to pick up my line of vision. My eyes flickered off to the side a bit, Clyde now being what my eyes focused on. He ignored his friends that continued joking around him, neither of us being able to pull away. Does he know?.. No. I don't think he does. I blinked myself out of the trance, pulling myself away to head to class. 

    I ignored Jeff during class, luckily he wasn't seated near me like he was in the last class. So this last class I wasn't looking forward to all that much. I walked in, going straight for my seat, being one of the first ones there as usual. I sighed to myself, seeing Clyde take his seat. His friends shortly following after. I ignored his look, making the mistake to look up as Jeff walks in. I put my head down on my arms, ignoring his looks and stared at the front of the class. He huffed, taking his seat and sat there for a good whole solid second before he gave up. I heard him sit up in his seat, before feeling him tap on the back of my shoulder. I continued to ignore him, my brows twitching together in annoyance as I kept a fixed glare on the blackboard ahead.