Chapter 7 / The Nightmare Continues

I practically ran out of the school, heading straight towards my bike, taking off from the school as fast as I could. A new sense of determination hitting me after my brief scare. Who the fuck am I kidding, I'm still fucking petrified. Jeff plans to go to Drew's this weekend. In the dream he was on the back roads to Drew's house. He's only spending one night so the only day this could really happen anytime soon is tomorrow. But what time? Damn! What if I'm to late, or worst what if I just barely make it on time and I see him get-..... No, no, no..  He is not going to die. I-..I can stop this.. I can stop Gus before he kills Clyde. I have to... Goddamn it! Why the hell is this happening?! Why do I have to stop it!? Wasn't killing my mother already enough! Now demon dogs, corpses being brought back from the dead.. I.. I actually haven't seen Gus.. He's out there somewhere.. Plotting. Thirsty for blood.. I trembled at the thoughts, breathing in deeply to calm myself as I stopped my bike outside my dads clinic. 

    If I were to make I get there on time, I need my bike. My actually bike. Only, I need to know where it is, or if dad even brought it with us. I got off my bike and walked to the front door, walking in with purpose. The bell rung out, my dad greeted from one of the other rooms, saying he'd be there in just a minute.

"Just me dad." I called out, walking towards the room I heard his voice come from. I walked in, dad sticking a needle in a dog while a mother and a son stood off to the side. The boy was crying so my best bet is, is that dad was more than likely putting the dog down. 
"Aunna? What are you doing? I thought you were at home getting some rest?" He asked looking up for a short flabbergasted second before looking back down at the dog. Knowing he had to focus.
"I tried going to school but my ear was really starting to bother me so I came home. What's wrong with this one." I explained absentmindedly as I stared down as the whispering creature in front of me. My heart aches for him, placing a hand on his paw comfortingly. If only Zowie was at proper peace..
"Had to put him down.. Boys gettin' to old. " He explains sympathetically, petting the dog as well before taking the needle out from the dog. The boy beside me cowered into his mothers side some more when the dog whimpered before shutting it's eyes. I looked down at the boy who cried more into his mother, placing my hand on his shoulder. 
"I know it's sad and you must have loved him a lot.. But all that pain he was in, he doesn't have to feel the bad now. He can finally feel better." The mom smiled sadly, nodding softly as the boy looked up at her questioningly. I gave a small nod in return, almost forgetting why I was here in the first place.
"What do you need, Aunna?" Dad asked as a reminder, meaning he must have a lot to do.
"I need to know where my bike is." He raises a brow at this.
"If you went to school, than don't you have it?" He asked dumbly. I made a sarcastic face, giving him a pointed look.
"No. My other bike." I almost smiled as he made a face of recollection, that quickly turning to a flat look.
"Oh, that one. Was hoping you forgot about the damn thing.. One more week and I was finally gonna rid myself of that thing. " He mumbled the last part, causing me playfully glare at him.
"Yeah, well. That's because I need it.. It's out back.. ain't it.?" I sighed. Realizing to myself, I should have known better and realized it was in there sooner.. He gave me a look, me taking the hint to go. I held up my hands, waiting for the key to the shed. He dropped it dully, me taking that as my sign to leave.
"Thanks! Bye dad!"

    I got home soon after and went straight to the back of the house, opening up the doors to the shed, and sure enough there she was. Paint was just like it was last time I saw it, my rosary was still wrapped around the right handle bar. It was special. When I was younger my grandmother gave it to me on her death bed, her and I were always close. She was on my father's side of the family. It was a simple rosary, silver chain and had a silver cross with Jesus on it. I'm not normally really religious but something about it always....interested me and it meant a lot coming from her. Who knows.. maybe this is just what I need to make sure I save Clyde.