Chapter 2 / New School, New Bullies

I could not fall back asleep even if my life depended on it. Even though I was tired, my mind just wouldn't let me go back to sleep. Didn't matter how tired I was, or how much my brain begged for sleep. So I was unfortunate enough to have to stay awake ALL night. I was so tired and the worst part, just as I thought I was finally about to fall back asleep, dad started knocking on the door. Saying it was time to get up and get ready for school. 

   I groaned loudly and sulked out of bed. I went to the bathroom and started getting ready before going back to my room to get dressed. I put on my favorite jacket and grabbed my bag before walking down stairs. Jeff waited by the door while dad was in the kitchen looking around in search of something, more than likely his keys. I walked past Jeff and outside before getting my bike. Sadly, not my dirt bike, and put it in the back while getting in the other part of the back as well. Leaving the front seat for Jeff like I normally do. Soon after I heard the doors open then close. Both dad and Jeff making themselves comfy in the small van.

"Wait. Where's your sister?" I lazily raised my hand and slammed it against the back wall of the van. Letting him know where I was, him taking that as a sign to start driving.
Okay.. maybe he'll forget I'm back here. Maybe I can just fall asleep and not have to go to school. Normally I wouldn't care about going to school but I just want to sleep. I whined mentally. I was just starting to fall asleep when I felt the van pull to a stop. My heart sinking knowing we had arrived at our destination already. I still didn't move from my place, hoping he would forgot I was even here.
"Come on, Aunna. I know you're still back there." Or not. I stayed in place in one last attempt he wouldn't make me go.
"And I also know you're not asleep." I sighed, standing up before flinging the back van doors open. I stopped, noticing that literally almost everyone was staring at me. I gave a dry look and looked around for a brief second, my eyes landing on the same guys from yesterday. There was an extra with them today. But still there was that one that caught my attention the most. He looked to be a bit taller than me. Had short dirty blond hair. He was pale, but his nose and cheeks had a slight pink tint to them. More than likely from the cold, but on his complexion it was oddly adorable. He had on a long black coat, and a knitted looking scarf on. One that suited him too. From where I was standing it looked like he had both of his ears pierced. He was attractive to say the least. Of course, they were staring just like everyone else. Adding to the awkwardness. I ducked my head a bit while jumping out of the van, closing the doors shut behind me before making it to the other side of the van. I got my bike out after Jeff, hitting the van to let dad know we were done. Dad drove off while Jeff and I went to the bike racks to lock them up for the duration of school.
"Please.. Just kill me now." I looked up at him in the corner of my eyes. Trying not to show my smile too much.
"Sorry, but I'm not going to be the only one to suffer this kind of hell." I flipped him off while walking backwards, ignoring the looks of the people that were around us. I grinned at him, turning back around. I felt someone walk up behind me before taking a spot next to me, knowing it was Jeff.
"Did you even go back to sleep last ni-" Jeff started to question, when someone made a snide comment.
"Look.." I looked over at the guys from before and noticed the one I thought was attractive was the one talking. Jeff stopped as I slowed to hear what he had to say. He looked between Jeff and I, me being able to make out his appearance more now that I was closer to him now. My eye being drawn to his dangling cross earing.

"..Celebrities in the making." He smirked while his friends laughed. Well, all of them besides one. I narrowed my eyes at him and side glanced Jeff. I put a hand on Jeff's shoulder, trying to get him walking again as I looked back to the guys from before. I gave him a fake amused look, using my hand that wasn't on Jeff's shoulder to flip the kid off. His friends seemed to laugh more at this, him giving me a look I couldn't quite read. I dropped my fake smile quickly, nudging Jeff before going off to my first class. Of course, he's an ass. Why wouldn't he be!?