Chapter 13

TW: Panic attack and blood.
(Marth's POV)
He stared at the room around him in confusion. The black walls seemed to stretch as he turned about. His heart rate jumped in pace as he turned once more. The last thing he remembered was going to sleep after showing Ares where he could sleep. But the dark walls spoke of another story.

He stood up and tried to focus on something. But the darkness was almost completely around him. Only one thing stood out. Down a seemingly long corridor was an empty throne. Encrusted in gold and gemstones, it sat alone.

Suddenly, the walls started to straighten and pillars formed. The dark stone sparkled as windows of dark glass formed in the walls.

I feel like I've been here before. His mind whispered as he stepped closer to the glowing throne.

Unintelligible whispers drifted towards him from all around. Colors shifted and changed until he could make out phantom-like figures. One stood out amongst them all. A gleaming white figure who's face he could only recognize as his mother's.

His breath caught as her gaze met his. He felt drawn into the moment even as time seemed to slow. A smile alighted on the angel's face as she sensed who he was.

The moment ended and he watched as the phantoms finished their fight as quickly as it had begun. He turned back to the throne as a new phantom appeared. The green ghost had a white mask.

More blurs of the past appeared and once again the moment seemed to pause as he met the eyes of his sister. Bleeding, broken on the floor. She stared into his eyes.

"Who?" Her hoarse cough came out as he watched her. But time sped up again and she disappeared.

All color of blurs followed. Each one came and went, until there was nothing left but a dusty throne and an empty room. The gold started flaking until nothing was left but a bench of cold hard stone.

Until one last phantom opened the door. And Marth's heart dropped. The figure confidently strode forwards. Reaching the remains of the seat, he sat down. Time froze like a painting. Marth could do nothing but stare at himself seated as king over the realm. Colors had flooded in, making the room fantastic to see. But his eyes....there were black.

He fell backwards in shock. He had to get out. Had to run from this dream. This vision. Whatever it was!

Then everything went black and he crashed against his pillow. He opened his eyes but....he couldn't see. He sat up straight in his bed, feeling the sheet slide off his chest. He tried blinking quickly, hoping the darkness would go away. But it stayed. He had to find help.

Stumbling out of bed and crashing onto the rug, his hands searched for purchase on something steady. His knees burned from the fall and his hand hurt. He crouched on the floor, breathing quickly. His heart raced as the heat seemed to press around him. He clutched his head near the floor as a headache began to pound its way up there.

A loud thump echoed through the room as he fell to the side, hitting the bedside table. Something glass, probably a cup of water, shattered. He felt pieces scrap his skin, causing the sickening smell of blood fill the air.

He felt so alone.

"Marth!" He heard a familiar cry. His breathing slowed slightly, keeping the dizziness at bay. He felt warm arms embrace him. "Breath with me. Come on." His mother's voice soothed him more. "It's alright." She whispered, kissing his head.

"Marth?"

His heart leaped in fear as he heard a sweet voice at the door. No. She couldn't see him like this. His mother sensing his fear and breath rate covered him with her wings.

"Elora. I need you to find Wilbur." The purple eyed girl must have paused because (Y/n) spoke more urgently. "Hurry!"

"Mom." Her breath caught as he spoke. Pain and fear laced through his voice. "Mom. I can't-I can't see." He choked out a sob as she held him closer.

"It's alright. Just keep breathing with me." He inhaled deeply. The scent of roses making his eyes, even if he couldn't see, slowly shut. "It'll all be better when you wake up." She said softly. She hummed a soft song to him as his consciousness ebbed away. He vaguely heard the sound of quick approaching steps as everything else slipped away.

((Y/n) POV)
Her heart sunk in her chest as she dabbed at the blood on his face. His milky blue eyes had shut finally. Fear gripped her that he could be permanently blind. No one deserved that life. She continued to hum, hoping he was asleep now.

Wilbur was suddenly at the door, breathing hard. Elora stared over his shoulder at (Y/n) in shock. The king stepped quickly over and lifted Marth gently.

"We should go to the infirmary first." He said. She nodded and followed as he led them down the hall.

Soon enough, he was placing the poor boy on the bed in the private room, careful to not hurt him more. Elora was rather pale almost as much as Marth was.

"He couldn't see, Will." (Y/n) said quietly, her voice trembling.

"I'll do my best." He promised giving his sister a hug. A tear slipped out as she pulled away.

Then, knowing it best to let him work in peace, she guided the other female out of the room.

"He'll be alright." She assured the dark haired woman. I hope. She added silently.

A/n: Hello again. Hope you all liked it. Have a wonderful day/night, and I'll see you next chapter! Love y'all! ♡