[3] THE THIRTEENTH RULE

Start from the beginning

"Mum you literally fought with the alarm clock," Safeenah exaggerated, Dale's laughter could also be heard from the living room. Zarah acknowledged his arrival. "Salaam Mr. Yahaya." She greeted instantly, "why didn't you tell me he's here already?" Zarah turned to her daughter, whispering to her.

"It's funny Ummi, you're funny." Safeenah said, as she jumped down from the bed.

"No I won't be once I'm done with you."

Zarah chased after her daughter playfully from the bedroom to the bathroom, their laughter echoing off the walls — Dale could hear their voice from where he stood. With each step, Safeenah emitted joyful squeals, delighting in the chase. As Zarah caught her, she lifted her up, prompting a chorus of gleeful giggles from her little baby.

"I love you, houb." These words escaped her lips as she stared at her daughter's eyes.

Safeenah gently patted her mother's head with her soft and little hand, "I love you too mama."

°°°°°°

As Dale glided the blue Tesla through the grand entrance of the Palace, Zarah and Safeenah were both awestruck. They were awestruck by the opulence surrounding them, their gazes drawn to the intricate detailing of the palace's ancient yet modern architecture.

Inside the vehicle, their faces reflected a mix of wonder and admiration as they took in the majestic sight of the palace's interior. The lavish decor, adorned with gold accents and ornate furnishings, left them speechless. As the Tesla passed by a shimmering water fountain, its magnificent streams of water danced in the sunlight, adding to the enchanting atmosphere. Zarah couldn't help but marvel at the wonder, her excitement was palpable as they soaked in the splendor of their surroundings.

Dale finally pulled over next to the black Lamborghini Uthman drove them in. Instantly, Dale came down and opened the door for Zarah, bowing slightly as she walked out of the vehicle.

"Thank you." Zarah said, abashed. "Where am I to go first?" Zarah politely asked Dale, Dale looked at her, confused.

"I really don't know, but I don't think you can go in with her," Dale explained, pointing at Safeenah.

"Why? Where am I to keep her?" Zarah complained.

"I could take her back to the hotel, they've got a wonderful kiddies zone."

Zarah looked down at pumped Safeenah who was excited to explore the palace, her disappointment was palpable. "Habibi, you know mummy loves you, but mummy has to keep her job." Zarah began, "—you are going with uncle Dale, yeah?" Hesitantly, Zarah agreed.

"Okay ummi, but on one condition," She bargained.

Zarah inhaled deeply, "What's that?"

"Bring me strawberry once you're home and don't stay long."

Sarah smiled, cupping her daughter's cheeks and kissing her lightly on the forehead. "I promise to obey those terms. Thank you baby."

From the geodesic dome ahead, Uthman came, burning in anger. "Mrs. Rahman, you're late on your first day," he paused at the sight of Safeenah, "I see you didn't read the rule book, you can't bring this chatter box to work," Uthman insulted.

"Uthman," Zarah began, "she has a name you old geezer, you've grown old that you've lost your respect. And for your information, she was just leaving —" With anger, Zarah signalled her daughter to get inside the car, and so did Dale — after doing a little curtsy for Uthman. "Drive save Mr. Yahaya." She said to the moving vehicle, and Dale responded to her with a honk.