||𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗩||

'ACT I, CHAPTER V: WELCOMING SURPRISES.'

t.w: bad grammar, violence
______________________

" People say that Im entering dangerous territory, but they don't realize that the person entering it is dangerous aswell. "

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙
______________________

╰┈➤ CURRENT LOCATION,,

N/N, MOONLIT CITY

TRAVELER POV, (TRAVELER WILL BE AETHER)

I met this uh- strange floating fairy emergency food thing, after I woken in a beach called Moon Forest Beach? Why is it called Moon Forest, when theres no forest? Well, apparently its due to the forest and beach are together into one area. How odd. But, anyways this flying thing calls herself Paimon.

We eventually continued exploring, passing through some slimes and hilichurls we defeated. "Look, Traveler! The city is right over there!" Paimon pointed out, as we were about to go over there, a hilichurl camp ambushed us.

"Oh no! Some hilichurls are attacking us! Quick, Traveler! Quickkk!!" Paimon yelled, dissapearing to god knows where. I quickly pulled out my sword, and sprinting forward to attack.

I took out a decent amount of them, but more kept coming. I gotten tired, and ran out of food. Then, I saw a blur of purple running towards them, moon symbols appeared on the monsters, before you even know it. Multiple slashes kill the monsters easily as a person appears with a polearm.

The person had the same hairstyle as mine but longer, as they were a kitsune mask to hide their identity. They wore a black suit, as their height is around 5'8, "You there...What are you doing here?" They asks, turning around.
"Oh uhm.. I'm Aether." I introduced myself, "And Paimon is Paimon! Nice to meet yo-" Paimon was introducing herself until she got cut off.

"What are you? A talking pixie? You look tiny, are you perhaps food for this Traveller here? A floating mascot? Why are you popping out constellations when you move? How are floating? Why do you have a triquetria symbol on your shirt of sorts?" The person asks suspiciously, making me and Paimon shocked on how suspicious they are of us.

"And...How come you look so familiar to me?" They ask bewildered, making me confused whilst Paimon looks surprised. "Ah..Sorry, but Paimon doesn't know you! You maybe got the wrong person, hehe~!" She said, as the person looks at her more before looking away, making Paimon sigh in relief.

"Anyways, Im Yachiko, a assassin of N/N, lovely to meet you, I guess?" They said, "You guys don't look like local citizens of N/N, what are you doing here? Are you perhaps visiting N/N?" They ask, "Well, you see.. This Traveller here, lost their sibling, to a God..." Paimon explained my situation as I nodded, confirming what she said was true.

They tensed up and seems shocked, we cannot tell due to them wearing a kitsune mask. But, I can tell she was shocked, "A god..?!" They said, surprised, "Yeah..After that, he found himself on Moon Forest Beach. And that's when he met Paimon!" Paimon continued, putting her hand towards her chest.

"I see.. Hmm... How interesting, well anyways, please come with me, I'll escort you to the city." They said, as they turned their heel and gestured for us to follow them. We followed them, as Paimon decided to ask a question, "Uhm..Paimon is curious, why did you come all the way out here? Do you have a unfinished job to do?" She asks.

"I came because I was assigned a job that a hilichurl camp was holding a citizen captive, and when I heard from Yukio, our top investigator, found out that a citizen by the name of 'Suizoku Madaraki', was being held captive by a camp of hilichurls and treasure hoarders." Yuchiko said, pausing before continuing, "I saved him, and went to look for his missing goods that were on a another camp. And the camp that ambushed you was the camp I was looking for."

They said, as we listen carefully, we eventually arrived at the entrance of the city, but the guards stopped us from going farther, "Stop. May we ask for entrance pass to the main city?" One of them asked, Yuchiko pulled out three passes, making us shocked on how prepared they are. The guards examine it carefully with silence, before making way to let us in.

As we enter, the first thing we notice is a gorgeous willow tree right in the center, as people bow down to it whenever they pass by. "If your curious on what that is, that is what we call 'The Tree of Divine Wishes'. I mean based on the name itself you can already tell what it is." Yuchiko said, as she puts her hands on her hips. "Anyways, lets first get you a hotel to stay in, Im sure you're quite hungry." They said, "Yay! Food!" Paimon cheered in happiness.

I just nodded at her, making her know we'll follow her, as she was about to move and walk, she suddenly freezes up and stops. "Yuchiko? Are you okay?" I ask, as Yuchiko doesn't reply to me. "Traveler, I have a another mission to do, head to a hotel called 'Moon Destiny Hotel'. If theres a woman who calls herself 'Makimo', asking you to follow her, follow with no questions. Here's 500,000 mora, use it to pay a room for atleast a week. And use the extra mora to buy food." She said, with clenched fist, as she dissappered with nothing else to say.

She dropped 5 bags of mora that has 100,000 each. "Wooowww!! So much mora!!" Paimon says, in excitement. As, I pick up three whilst she gets the other two. "Anyways, lets go find that Moon Destiny Hotel. And maybe I can answer some questions for you when we arrive." Paimon said, as I nodded before looking around for the hotel.
____________________

A FEW MINUTES LATER...

____________________

We finally found the hotel, and payed 20,000 mora, its apparently 200,000 mora, but since we got a discount card from Yuchiko that was inside the bag. We got a MAJOR discount for everything in the hotel, from the food, our own private hot tub/pool, etc..

We arrived, and sat on the couch, our hotel room, was pretty big, we had our living room and bathroom downstairs whilst upstairs was our bed. And the sliding door was the way to the pool/hot tub. As I lay down, taking a breath from the long walk. "Anyways, Traveler what questions do you wanna ask Paimon?" Paimon suddenly, as she comes back from the kitchen with two sandwiches before giving me one.

What is N/N?

•I want to know more about Teyvat.<✓

•Can you tell me a bit about yourself?

"I want to know more about Teyvat." I said, "Okay! So first of-" Paimon was about to speak, when we heard a knock on the hotel door. I got up to open it, and saw a woman who had long hair that reached her knees and she, aswell was a wearing a suit. "Hello, I believe this is Traveler and Paimon's hotel room?" She asks, as Paimon flew over, "Uhm..Yes! Are you perhaps Makimo?" Paimon asks, "Yes, indeed. I am Makimo, co-investigator for Lady Artemis, delighted to make your aquaintance." She said, formally.

'Lady Artemis? Who's that?' I thought, in confusion on who that is. "I was assigned to tell you to come to the Palace of The Divine Moon, at 6:30pm sharp. Please come in your usual outfits, and arrive on time." She said, as she turns around "I will be waiting here since its already 6:15. You have 15 minutes." She said, as she closed the door tightly.

"What's that look on your face, Traveler?" Paimon asks, "Whos Lady Artemis?" I ask, "Wellll.. Lady Artemis is one of 9 archons of Teyvat! She is the 8th archon, and is called 'The Divine Lady Artemis'. But, shes commonly called, 'The God Of The Moon.' Hehe~." She said, "But, theres another archon called the ǝɯᴉ┴ ɟo doפ."

___________________

TIME STOPPED, GOING BACK IN TIME.. COMPLETE, CONTINUE TIME?

PROCEED.<

TIME CONTINUED.

___________________

"Message, 2/15/?¿?, God of ?¿?¿."

"You changed."

"I know I did."

"I hate it."

"I know you do."
___________________

w.c: 1380 words.