49. A Message

Começar do início

He's just out.

He'll come back.

✧ :゚・*°•»------🍷------«•°*・゚: ✧

2 A.M.

He's still not back yet.

Yeonhee twisted and turned around in her bed. Too restless out of her mind, she got up and went out of her room. Darkness lay there like it was it's own place. Shadows looked like figures and it send chills down her spine.

Her mind made up scenarios that did nothing to help her hallucinations as she continued to stare at her house. The moon wasn't even lit outside to help with the lighting of her apartment. It was new moon. What a perfect timing nature has.

It seemed like everything withered away because of his absence. She felt her whole world collapsing at her fingertips and crumbling within her fist before swaying away like sand.

She felt empty. Really empty. Like a void that can't be filled with anything.

Walking further, her gaze met with the vacant couch and she suddenly experienced a strange sort of pain piercing right through her chest. Her lips started throbbing and her hands were shaking as she grasped onto something to keep her steady.

Strands of hair sticked to her sweaty face as both her eyes and nose turned crimson. Nails digging in the wooden chair as her legs started shaking as well and it was only a while until she crumpled down.

And she did.

Horribly.

Silent sobs echoed throughout the room. She muffled them and tried to calm herself down by breathing deeply and looking at the ceiling but not even the 'interesting' ceiling helped her settle down.

Droplets escaped from the corner of her eyes no matter how much she tried to wipe them away. They wouldn't stop.

Every pleasant memory with him was like an arrow stabbing straight through her chest. Those memories through which she smiled like an idiot all day were like the worst kind of pain to her.

Scenes flashed in front of her eyes. Every photo had his and hers smile but she couldn't see him. The only thing she could muster up imagining was his infamous bunny grin that melted her heart in a big puddle of goo every time.

She clutched her head and tried to think how he looked like but she just couldn't. It was like a nameless person being asked for identification. Frustration lined up and it shrank her ability to imagine bit by bit.

It petrified her that she was forgetting him. But she wasn't, was she?

And that's how her night ended. Only the deafening silence to accompany her sorrow and her misery.

However, the floor knew how much she had been hurt.

✧ :゚・*°•»------🍷------«•°*・゚: ✧

The sun arose along with Yeonhee. Rubbing her eyes, she got up from the floor and her face felt extremely itchy. She advanced towards the mirror only to be met by her reflection quite opposite of what she had imagined it to be.

True that not everyone wakes up looking like a Disney Princess but this was worse. What in her reflection she saw puffy red eyes, swollen lips and tear traces down her cheek. She washed her face with cold water and looked up once again.