Chapter 6

"You have got to be fucking kidding me

"You have got to be fucking kidding me." Iseul's jaw drops when Makaira gives her a rundown of everything that happened yesterday.

"I really wish I was kidding." She sighs, massaging her temple. "But unfortunately, this is my real life."

"I mean, I expected him to be a celebrity but Min Yoongi out of all people? That's insane!" Iseul scoffs. "And then the fact that he's your soulmate..that shit came way out of left field. Not even I saw that one coming."

"Don't forget the fact that he's a snarky asshole." Makaira angrily stabs at her food with her chopsticks.

"Okay, well now you guys know who you are to each other. Haven't you resolved your problems with him already?"

She shakes her head. "We had to call a truce yesterday so we would stop arguing. And we haven't talked about the piano at all, I feel like that would just make things worse."

"The only way to fix this is by telling him the truth about why you wanted the piano in the first place." Iseul gives her a tired look. "You do know that, right?"

"I do, but telling him that would mean telling him about my past. About Naori, Hiro, everything. And I'm not ready for that." Makaira says firmly.

She can barely stand to be around Yoongi right now, let alone lay out all of her trauma and baggage for him to see.

Yeah, that's not happening any time soon.

"That's understandable." Iseul nods. "Just try to get to know him a little, he's probably not as bad as you think."

"I hope he isn't, for my sake." She grumbles.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Hi guys, how are you?" Makaira smiles brightly, greeting her students as they enter the orchestra room.

Despite her cheery appearance though, the teacher feels like she is dying on the inside. She hasn't seen her soulmate all day and her body is starting to take it out on her.

Not only does she have an awful headache, she's also burning up. The fact that she chose to wear a long-sleeved shirt today in order to hide her soulmate mark isn't helping either.

"Curse you, Min Yoongi." She mumbles under her breath as the bell rings, heading to her office to grab her violin.

Makaira manages to keep herself together during class, at least on the outside. Internally, though, she can feel herself getting worse.

"Ms. Yamada, are you okay?" One of her students calls out. "You're sweating and you're getting all red."

Shit.