Chapter 6 Call Of The Dead

"Welcome to Lakestone Hotel.

Thank you, ma'am." Ashley responded as Midnight grabbed the keycards to their room, "4th floor, room 13." The woman at the front desk said with a smile.

They took the elevator to the 4th floor; as the doors opened, they walked to the room, "Here we are." Midnight opening the door.

Their room was top of line five-star hotel, two beds. Midnight took the bed closer to the door & Ashley lay across the other bed next to the wall, "My God, felt like we were on the road forever." She said, sitting upward on the edge of the bed.

"I know we rest here for the night and hit the road first thing in the morning." He responded.

"Well, I'm about to take a hot shower and catch some z's." Ashley getting up and gathering her personal items for a shower.

"I'll be out." Midnight said, heading out the door.

"...What else is new." Ashley to herself entering the bathroom, 20 minutes past and finally Ashley was enjoying her hot shower. She stays in for a while, relaxes, no stress, no worries, & no thinking of monsters or demons, just her and the nice hot water. A few more minutes passed as the bathroom was full of mist from the shower. "Thank God." She said, stepping out to dry herself off.

After drying herself, she covered up and cracked the door, "Midnight." Peeking out the door checking to see if he had returned yet, but no sign of him in the room. "Hmm, still out." She said.

She steps out of the bathroom to grab more things out of her bag, "Alright, Supergirl underwear or my X-Men ones...Supergirl it is." Returning back to the bathroom, Ashley stop dead in her tracks, looking at the mirror in the bathroom with the words (GET OUT).

"Shit!" She said, putting on her clothes, socks, & boots to head out of the room; she opened the door, and Midnight was standing there before she could say a word. "Something is not right with this hotel." He said, beating her to the punch.

"Yeah, tell me about it." She responded, opening the door pointing towards the bathroom.

"You saw something?

Oh yeah, bathroom mirror." She said as he headed to the bathroom, checking it out.

"We're dealing with ghosts.

.....Oh great." She responds, closing the door.

Dr. Midnight then looks at the clock on the dresser "10:35, we have till sunrise." He replies.

"Till sunrise, why we can't just leave now?

It's too late for that, Ms. Phoenix.

Why is that? What the hell?

Cause, they saw me, and I saw them...they know who I am and what I do, and they notice you're with me as well.

Great, they know we fight the supernatural, also demons, & whatever else creep in the dark.

Indeed Ms. Phoenix.....this is going to be a long night." Midnight said.

"You have a marker?

Hmm, I have lipstick.

That will work." Midnight responded as Ashley went to her bag and handed him some lipstick.

He grabs the lipstick and begins to write a language Ashley had never seen before over their room door, "What's that?" She asked, trying to figure it out.

"A protection spell, this won't allow any evil spirits to enter.

Our safe nest.

Correct Ms. Phoenix." Midnight said while writing on the door.