Chapter 4

"Open the damn door Faith! I am waiting for you." He yells against the door, his fist hitting the door and I loudly groan. "Go away! And how come you know my name and how on earth do you know where I stay? I'm calling the police if you don't leave right now!" I yell back standing behind the closed door and I could hear him murmuring and there was silence at last making me heave a sigh.

"What the hell is going on Faith?" Cher asked and my eyes widen as I forgot all about her and I sure do have explaining to do.
"Cher, lemme call you back." I told her and I could imagine her grinning.
"Well take all the time you need and you know I have a day booked for us to talk. Bye sweetheart." She teases and I roll my eyes.
"Bye Cher." I murmur ending the call and I run a hand through my hair.
"Let's talk over this at dinner." He calmly said after what seem said like forever and I glare at the door getting annoyed.
"Lord I know you mean well and all and I am really flattered that there's a hot guy banging on my door but I am okay, the day is almost over and I will be okay." I stare at the ceiling praying for him to disappear.
"Come out or I'll wake your grumpy neighbor!" He threatens and I form a fist holding it in the air as I clenched my teeth.
" Go ahead and wake him up and I swear I will make it look like you're a psychopath stalking me." I spat and I heard him groan.

"Faith, come out or..." He stops to smirk as I open the door and locked it behind me. I glare at him as he stares at me from head to toe and I smirk when he raised an eyebrow and he was pissed.
"Are you going out with this?" He asked and I gave him a duh-look.
"I'm going in my apartment with this and I wonder what crimes I've committed to deserve this. Do you know I can let the police arrest you for stalking? I don't know if you hit or head but I am not the one you're searching for." I explain in annoyance and his eyes turned cold and dark at something I said but it was hard to decipher.
"Maybe you have and must confession it." He sternly said and I frown.
"What do you mean by that?" I asked and he shrugs. "Believe me, I'd confess just to get rid of you. You're sucking the air out of my lungs." I said narrowing my eyes at him and he was silent.

"Are we done here because I have things to do." I said and he was unreadable which is driving me insane.
"Look, I don't know what your problem is but if there's something you wanna say say it and let's get over with it." I said folding my arms over my chest and his eyes met mine daring me to look away and I didn't.
"I want you to go out with me." He calmly said and there was something in his voice that made my breath hitched and I gulp.
" I think you just did your homework, you said it nicely and politely." I smirks as he narrows his eyes at me.
"But here is the thing and I am not doing it because I am playing hard to get but I have tight schedules and I don't wanna go out with you." I told him and he was shocked which made me roll my eyes.
" How many girls have you met on this earth?" I asked and he frowns.
"What do you mean by that?" He asked and I dramatically sigh.
"The point is you've not met 1% of the total population of girls at where you stay so don't think every girl will worship the grounds you walk, some hates the way you don't say please or think you owe everything and hates the fact that you're handsome and tall..." I stop when he laughs and damn he's beautiful.
"What is funny?" I asked and he really smiles. "You called me handsome." He replies. "Awwn, just look at the way you're blushing, it is cute and so?" I tease and he glares at me. "So why won't you go out with me?" He asked and I shook my head.
"Desperate guys ain't my type." I tease and he laughs again and I was surprised I was enjoying his company.

"You and I know you're handsome and there's nothing wrong with that. I have good eyes you know." I said and he sat down on the stairs making me look him.
He pats the side for me to sit down and I did. "Can we enjoy the silence or you can go ahead pointing out my good qualities." He teases and I playfully glare at him.
"I love your dimples." I said and he glances at me before turning to look at the street and I did too. "Hey, are you cold?" He softly asked, tenderness in his eyes as they search mine and I gave him a bored look and I was surprised he removes his jacket and put it around me and he smells nice.
"Faith." He said my name, his voice was soft and charming.
I stare at the street and it wasn't bad as I expected but it was late and I was fighting the demons to stay awake.
"Here, I bought you this." He said giving me a single rose and I was surprised. "Happy Val's Day." He said and I couldn't help but smile.
"Um thanks." I murmur and he stood up reaching his hand for mine and I was about to yawn when he steps closer and gently kiss my forehead and I just froze  desperately needing to lean on something right now.

"I had a great time and goodnight." He said and I blink to stay focus. "Yeah, I did too and goodnight." I said giving him his jacket and I watch him walk away.
"Oh boy, this can't be good." My inner voice said. I was fully awake but definitely not okay in my head to write. I stare at the ceiling and just felt warm all of a sudden remembering how his soft lips were gently pressed on my forehead weakening my whole body. I have been tossing and turning as the kiss refuses to leave my head and I think I am having a fever. I frown watching the time and imagining the time I should wake up.

The alarm shattered my dreams and I sit up with droopy eyes and for a moment I didn't have a clue what is going on. I closed my eyes to pray but I know I am going to say Amen after waking up again and it dawned on me that I could use Jeremiah 29:11.
My phone rang and I knew I was in trouble as I jumped from the bed.
"Violet, I am on my way." I quickly answer than expected and she chuckles. "Meditation gone bad right?" She teases and I went to the bathroom. "Mr. Stone is here but I told him you're in your worse month but you're on your way." Violet said and I smile.
"You're a life saver Vi." I mutter and ended the call. I was super late and I made it to the door and my neighbor stares at me totally annoyed as always. "Good morning Mr. Hooks." I greet and he nods. "I heard a very disturbing noise last night." He states his eyes searching mine and I forgot to take my car keys and I went inside for it. I came back and he was waiting for me and I inwardly groan.
"Maybe the noise was from your loud radio, the noise is unbearable and I am glad you noticed too." I reply with a smile and he glares at me and I went to my car.

"You must be kidding me!" I yell when my car wouldn't start and I went to check it. I gave up after attempting for couple of times and I took a taxi. I arrived at work  pissed. "Faith, I think we've a problem." Violet mutters beneath her breath and I try to catch my breath and I smile at Mr. Stone. "My apologies, Mr. Stone, bad day but don't worry the work is done and..." I stop to look at him and I've seen it before and not very long ago.
I turn to look at Violet who forced a smile and then turn to him.
"I'm sorry but the deal is off." He announces and my eyes brimmed with fresh tears.

Not again.