Avery

Avery was a bit…odd. To say the least. Mycroft could pass as ordinary. But his siblings….

It wasn’t physical. Though Sherlock and Avery did share rather pale skin and bright green eyes, it wasn’t that. It wasn’t their expressions – Sherlock’s of curious disinterest, Avery’s of a child looking for adventure. But it was the way they acted. They were both so out of touch with the social aspect of society. Except when they were acting.

Of course, Phoenix hadn’t had much contact with Sherlock, unless ordered to by Mycroft.

It was Avery she knew. And it was Avery sitting on the bench acting completely casual. Spookily normal. Looking at her phone. Being completely and utterly…human. It always scared Phoenix slightly, when Avery did that. Normality. It didn’t suit her, if you’d seen her real personality.

So when Phoenix walked over to Avery and got a proper hug in return, and they started their walk around the lake, Phoenix had to repress a shudder and a sigh. She preferred the real Avery. But this was what she got now. She was undercover. And so was Avery, judging from her attire. Her disguise was as perfect as ever. You’d think that she was an ordinary young adult. That was so very far away from the truth.

They swapped idle chat as they walked . They referred to Mycroft as Phoenix’s ‘cousin’, and talked in code about his doings. Nothing interesting, really. Avery expressed some concern about her own well-being, and Phoenix shrugged it off. It was her job. That was all there was to it. And they split off to their own respective homes.

Avery frowned as her spy walked away. Poor Phoenix. It must be hard for her. But what other choice did she have? She needed a spy. And Phoenix fit the quota.