Chapter 8

Peppy sat at his dining room table, his head low in shame as he regretted what he had done to his daughter. He really was only trying to help... but he only ended up making it worse...

     "What the hair is wrong with you!?" the old king suddenly heard in a loud, angry shout, the voice so filled with rage it actually made him jump slightly at the sound of it...

     Quickly, he looked up, shocked to see Branch standing in his doorway, the young troll's hands in tight fists by his side as he glared angrily at his girlfriend's father...

     "Branch?" Peppy questioned in pure confusion...

"Don't you 'Branch' me!" the blue pop troll yelled, stomping angrily towards the old troll in front of him. "I asked you a question! What is wrong with you!?"

     "Listen, Branch..." Peppy sighed, finally realizing what was going on... the young boy was upset about what had happened with Poppy... and he totally understood why... "I get that you're angry..."

     "Angry? Angry!?" Branch interrupted in a shout, stopping right in front of the former king. "I'm way beyond angry, old man! I'm furious!"

     Peppy glared back at him at the sound of those words, not liking the little troll's attitude...

     "You better watch your tone, Branch..." Peppy stated softly, trying his best to remain calm.

"Or what!?" Branch yelled out with no fear whatsoever, still furious about what this troll had done to his girlfriend. "You gonna get rid of me, and then lie to Poppy about it? Cuz that's certainly what you do best!"

"What happened to Poppy's mom is none of your business..." Peppy said through gritted teeth, trying to hide his anger.

     "It is my business!" Branch shouted, getting all up in the old man's face

     "It is my business!" Branch shouted, getting all up in the old man's face. "The most optimistic troll in the entire stinkin' universe is out there broken hearted... because of you! Do you have any idea how much it breaks my heart to see her hurting!? So don't you dare tell me my girlfriend's sadness is 'none of my business'!"

     Angered by how close Branch was getting to him, Peppy lifted his cane, poking the young troll roughly in the chest with it to push him away from himself...

     With a growl of pure rage, Branch quickly ripped the cane out of Peppy's hand, snapping it in half over his knee, before throwing it out of the pod without even thinking...

     He didn't care that this troll was one of his friends... he didn't care that he was his girlfriend's father... he didn't even care that he was the former king and literally had the power to banish him from his own home and everyone he came to know and love... all he cared about in the moment was Poppy...

     "My leg!" a random troll yelled out in pain from somewhere outside as the cane smacked into him, but Branch didn't once take his eyes off of Peppy as he breathed heavily in pure rage...

     "Who do you think you are!?" Peppy yelled out, finally letting his fury show as he approached Branch angrily, the young boy not backing down... "You have no right to come into my home and speak to me this way!"

     "I will do anything to protect Poppy... to keep her happy..." Branch replied, tears beginning to form in his eyes as he continued glaring at the old king. "Anything..."

     A long silence fell through the pod as the two trolls glared angrily at each other, both of them standing right up in each other's faces as they panted heavily in pure rage...

     "You need to leave, Branch," Peppy finally stated firmly, not taking his eyes off the light blue pop troll...

     Branch glared at him for a moment longer, and then finally turned, storming out of the pod without another word...