Chapter 7

"Poppy..." Branch said with a quiet sigh as he looked away from her in sadness. "I'm sorry, but..." He looked back up at her with caring eyes, taking her hands gently in his. "Even if your mom wasn't eaten by a Bergen... there's no telling where she is now. Or... if she's even still alive..."

     "I know she is, Branch," Poppy objected, pulling away from her boyfriend as she stood up to her feet, placing her hands against her heart as she looked up at the sky dreamily. "I can feel it..."

     Again, she looked back at Branch, helping him up to his feet as well...

     "Ever since I was little..." she continued, holding his hands gently in hers as she gazed deeply into his gorgeous crystal blue eyes. "I had this feeling she was out there somewhere... and now that I found this letter... I know it's true..."

     She looked away yet again, dreading what Branch's reply would be to her next statement, knowing how he was about adventures, fearing that she would be unsafe if she went into one purely off of emotion...

     "I... I have to find her," she finally muttered under her breath, expecting the blue troll beside her to object and try to talk her out of it...

     Branch smiled slightly at the young queen's words, hugging his arms around her comfortingly as he gave the love of his life a gentle kiss on her forehead, knowing he would want the same thing if he found out his grandma was still somehow alive...

     "Ok," he finally whispered softly, Poppy looking back up at him in slight shock. "And I'm gonna help you..."

     Poppy couldn't help but smile, knowing Branch would always be right there beside her no matter what...

     "Thank you, Branch," she whispered, hugging him back.
"Anything for you..." he told her, shutting his eyes gently to enjoy the moment of being so close to the one he loved so much...

—————

     In his pod, Peppy anxiously paced back and forth, waiting impatiently for Branch to come and give him news about his daughter who had now been missing for almost an entire day...

     He hoped the young troll was able to find her... and he really hoped she was ok...

     "Dad?" he suddenly heard in a soft voice coming from behind him, causing the old king to quickly turn around, sighing in relief once he saw his beautiful little girl standing in the doorway, seemingly completely unharmed...

     "Poppy!" he shouted out in pure joy, quickly running over and lifting the queen of pop up into the air in excitement before wrapping her in a tight hug. "Thank goddess you're alright..."

     "Yep

     "Yep... I'm doing great..." Poppy replied sarcastically, pulling away from her father's loving grasp, and looking away from him as she began rubbing her arm nervously...