⊱---𝟏𝟏---⊰

ابدأ من البداية

Her nails gripped harshly onto the weapon before it sparkled and dispersed, vanishing without warning even though the creature below her was still viable.

She didn't worry about trying to summon the weapon again though as she watched the creature squirm on the ground and clutch its throat.

"GURGGLEGGHH"

It couldn't form words, but the noise was enough to tell her of its suffering. It was choking; suffocating on its own blood from the organs she had ruptured when piercing the creature's flesh clean through. She wished she could give it a painless release, but without the assistance of her vision and struggling to wield her favored weapon in the first place, it would have to suffer for her own incompetence.

She bowed her head in respect, knowing it was the creation of a fallen god from the archon war. They were much less common to find in Teyvat nowadays, but for whatever reason they were here in this world, which came as a great surprise to her at first. Lifting her gaze, she realized the creature had already fizzed out of existence in a similar manner to her weapon, and she also observed the splatter of blood that painted the concrete where it once laid.

She was quick to leave the location and get to higher grounds-- her tactic of locating these creatures since they were easier to spot atop the tall buildings. She narrowed her eyes below where she stood, looking over the railing from the rooftop of some workplace she was on, though quick to let out a frustrated breath upon being unable to locate any more.

"I only managed to find one... I guess that's for the better, I barely have enough energy to summon my [ Preferred Weapon ]."

Just as they mumbled that, the frustration settled in as they miserably dropped to the floor and sat on the rough stone without any elegance, looking down at the city below.

"This world sucks! How come I always feel so drained here?"

[ Name ] sat on the roof of a building, her legs falling off the side of it as she sat with her chest pressed against the railing, looking at the vast amounts of foreign objects and the mini moons known as street lamps.

She subconsciously moved her hand to trail down her leg and stared blankly at the streets down below to watch out for any signs of distress or demons like some sort of vigilante. Her mind became foggy as her attention was pulled into a deep-thinking state without her even realizing, tuning out the world around her as she focused on another one.

"Geez, don't be so reckless. That wound... doesn't it hurt?"

Xiao questioned as he looked down at her leg to see a long gash that stretched the whole length of her calf. It didn't look deep, the weapon only penetrating as much as a feral cat's unclipped claws would if they got in a really good hit, but he couldn't help but think it looked like it stung more than she was letting on.

His attention moved away from her legs to instead look off towards the distant inn where the two took residence together. [ Name ] similarly darted her eyes away from scanning the torn flesh, opting to look over towards the boy whose cold voice severed the silence between the two.

She made a sour face before nudging him slightly with her elbow, a playful action that he remained completely unaffected to-- though his heart did miscalculate its rhythm and mess up its equilibrium pace slightly before returning to normal.

"Of course it does, I'm not immune to pain. Don't worry, it's nothing a little rest won't fix." [ Name ] reassured while drowning down the smile that threatened to upturn her lips when a thought passed, one that dared to suggest he might have been worried for her.

She physically shook the thought away, her head subtly shaking back and forth as she twisted her palm and placed it on the ground for leverage. She applied some pressure with the intention to stand up so the two could return to the inn, however she was stopped at the unexpected word that fell from Xiao's lips.