(2)

Next day morning everyone had arrived to the practice ground but Virat and Rohit were late.
Just as they arrived on the ground Mahi came to them.
Virat had a little hope that Mahi will talk to him atleast now even though his expression says otherwise.

"Sorry we got late bhai !" said Rohit immediately to Mahi

"But this should not happen again" said Mahi in a stern tone

"Sorry it was my mistake. I didn't get sleep properly yesterday so because of me Rohit also got late" said Virat guilty.

"Ofcourse it is your mistake .. For once I thought that after listening so much yesterday you would have become a little responsible Virat but no you are the same. So as it is your mistake then you will run 5 laps extra after practice session as punishment" said Mahi in a stern tone.

Virat and Rohit both were looking at Mahi shockingly mostly due to his professional tone and behaviour.

"Am I clear ? Do you understand ?" asked Mahi as Virat didn't answer.

"Yes Captain!" said Virat not able to say bhai after that tone.

They both went and started practicing in the nets. Bhuvi was bowling to Virat as per instruction of Mahi. The reason for that was he wanted to observe the fitness of Bhuvi.

"U okay na Bhuvi ?" asked Virat in concern.

"Yes Virat dont worry" said Bhuvi smiling a bit. He was so lucky to have Virat as his friend who was always there for him.

"Bhuvi bowl only 6 balls Okay .. I dont want that u exert yourself. Because we will be needing you for the next matches even if you are not in first match .. I will convince Bhai I mean Captain if he asks about you bowling less balls okay and to change the bowler." said Virat explaining to Bhuvi.

"Virat dont worry Okay .. you dont say anything to Bhai right now. He is anyways angry at you." said Bhuvi not wanting to increase or stretch their matter.

"No Bhuvi do as I say. I will handle the rest" Virat said being his stubborn self.

"Okay. I will bowl only 6 balls." said Bhuvi.

They started practicing and Mahi was observing Bhuvi. He knew that Bhuvi was having some trouble as Virat said but he was too blinded by the anger and misunderstanding that he was not accepting it that Virat was correct.

Bhuvi bowled almost an over and then Virat told him to stop. Mahi came to them.

"Bhuvi can u bowl another over because I think 2 deliveries were a little wrong" asked Mahi.

Bhuvi was going to agree but Virat interrupted in between. "Captain I think it is enough for him. As he is feeling a little discomfort now." said Virat.

"Virat I m talking to him. Do not speak in between." said Mahi sternly.

"But bhai .. I mean Captain try to understand" tried Virat.

"Thats enough Virat !!" shouted Mahi

Everyone got attentive of that. The seniors also saw that and they told the juniors and support staff to wrap up the practice.

Rohit, Jaddu and Ash went near them and saw Mahi glaring Virat.

"What's your problem Virat ? Why can't u listen to me once ? I am tolerating your crap since so long now. I had given u punishment of 5 laps right .. Now you will go 10 laps. And u have to start it now" said Mahi sternly and sat aside.

"Vi you okay ?" asked Rohit moving towards him.

"Yes I am okay. You all go .. I will complete the laps and join you later at the hotel." said Virat wiping his unshed tears.

"No we are staying" said Bhuvi not leaving a room for argument.

Virat started doing the laps and others watched it helplessly.

"What's wrong with Bhai ? Why is he behaving like this ?"asked Jaddu to others who were standing at a distance from Mahi.

"The misunderstanding is getting increased now .. also there is so much of miscommunication as Bhai is not ready to listen to Virat" said Ash

"I am feeling so bad for Virat now. He is trying to make Bhai understand that he didn't take any decision. He just gave his opinion but Bhai has taken it all in another way." said Rohit helplessly watching Virat running after almost an hour of practice session.

"I have started to feel guilty about this whole matter now. If I would have been completely fit then this would not happen" said Bhuvi being guilty.

"Bhuvi dont think like that .. its not your fault. This time I am sorry to say but it is Bhai's fault. If Virat will hear you saying like this he will feel upset" said Jaddu

Virat completed the ten laps and went to Mahi. "Done Captain" said Virat breathing hard.

"Okay .. Get to the bus now and Dont be late and specially dont interfere in the decision without consulting me first" replied Mahi in a complete professional tone.

Virat nodded and went near the seniors who were waiting for him.

"Vi have some water" passed Rohit as soon as Virat reached there.

Virat drank it real fast and started coughing badly. Rohit and Bhuvi both rubbed his back.

"Vi aaram se" said Jaddu in concern

"Captain has told us to get to the bus. Lets go" said Virat standing up but he swayed a little.

Rohit helped him to get to the bus and sat beside him. Virat rested his head on his shoulder and closed his eyes.

"Are u okay Vi ?" asked Rohit in concern

"I dont know Ro" said Virat tiredly.

"You know I had so much hope today that Bhai will talk to me and call me Cheeku. But nothing that sort happened and now he is distant and different with me" said Virat sadly.

"Dont worry Vi. Everything will be fine soon. Its just a matter of time" said Rohit assuring him.

"I hope so" said Virat

----------------------------------

Vote and comment the feedback !

See u in next chapter !

Please drop suggestions if any improvements required !

Requested by kristikapasi88