Part 2

Next day they had  match against Australia. Virat came out of his room and saw Bhuvi,Jaddu and Mahi bhai outside. As he was gonna pass by them Jaddu called him and he could not ignore it.

Jaddu : Vi .. chal Ro ko utha te hai .. abhi tak nahi utha hai wo 

Mahi : Yes cheeku only u can do this difficult task.

They went inside with Virat who was reluctant to go but still went with them. Jaddu immediately handed him the glass of water despite of Mahi bhai's and Bhuvi's objections. But what came as shock to them that Virat denied it silently.

He shake Rohit's shoulder to wake him up and just told formally : "Rohit uth ja .. Wake up Rohit we are getting late for the match" Rohit woke up at instant hearing so cold and formal voice of Virat. Where there was no affection and no warmth.

As soon as Rohit woke up Virat left the room without saying anything. Rohit just sat there in shock registering what had happened. Mahi and others were having the same reaction. Mahi composed himself and ordered everyone to hurry.

Warming up session was no different. Virat was certainly busy with the support staff rather than warming up with his everytime partner Mahi bhai. Mahi found it very strange.

----------------------------------------------

During the match .. They were gonna field first. Virat had won the toss. He was setting the field and he tossed the ball to Jassi.

Mahi and Ro could sense the change in his demeanour. He was not excited as usual. He was also not sledging as this was Australia who were continuously speaking against Virat.

If Mahi or Rohit would give any suggestions then he was agreeing to all of them. He was not denying anything. He was not celebrating the wicket which he used to do more than the bowler itself.

Last over of the match was bowled Jassi and had a loud shout on lbw for the first bowl itself. Mahi and Virat knew it was not out. But Jassi was sure. Virat went for it for Jassi's sake. Mahi was shaking his head. It was not out.

Mahi just found it strange that Virat just went for it because Jassi was sure. He never did that. What was going on in Virat's mind ? He has no clue for the first time.

Just as they came out for batting after the innings break. They had some 250 to chase in 50 overs. Shikh was out on 25. Virat came out to bat. Virat always went to Rohit and had some casual conversation but today it was total opposite.

Virat was hitting all around to the Australian bowlers. He was hitting it real hard. It seemed he is taking out all the anger in that. Australian players started sledging but for the first Virat didn't reply to them. Rohit was shocked to see that.

Even in the dugout Mahi bhai, Bhuvi and Jaddu were wondering the same that why Virat was not answering. Rohit could not hear more of it and went to say something but Virat stopped him and signalled him not to do that. That itself was shock to everyone.

Soon they resumed and Rohit reached his 50 and Virat didn't hug him but just congratulated professionally. Rohit felt weird about it. Virat also reached his 50 and started accelerating his innings. He was batting on 97 now. But before reaching his century miscommunication happened between him and Rohit and he got run out on 97.

Rohit was feeling miserable about it and was ready to listen Virat's anger but Virat didn't say anything and left to the dugout. Virat went and sat in the dressing room. Mahi could not help himself but look at him. There was no expression on Virat's face. Not for namesake.

Rohit got out and directly went to dressing room in search of Virat. Mahi bhai, Jaddu and Bhuvi were present there. He saw Virat there and slowly approached him. "I am sorry for the wrong call" said Rohit. "No problem Rohit it happens" said Virat and went to change.

Mahi bhai just sighed and went to bat. They won the match but Rohit was rooted on the spot. Bhuvi came near Rohit and told him to come out. Virat was given the man of the match trophy for the 97. While presentation ceremony also he was just replying formally no goofiness after win or some expression .. nothing it was empty.

Mahi and Rohit were worried now. They had never seen Virat so dull and expressionless ever. And that too after a win was impossible.

After the win team was in the dining area having dinner. Virat was sitting with alone when Mahi bhai came by his side. Mahi bhai lovingly called him : "Cheeku Kaha Dhyan hai ? Kuch hua hai kya?"

Virat for once forgot about everything and looked at Mahi bhai with so many emotions but masked it quickly. Mahi bhai saw that the vulnerability and guilt in his eyes. Mahi was still wondering what's wrong with Cheeku.

Just as Mahi bhai was gonna ask him again. Rohit came there smiling with his phone. Rohit sat beside Mahi bhai.

Rohit : "Vi .. Sammy and Ritz wants to talk to u.."

Mahi saw Virat lost in thoughts and didn't hear Ro. He nudged him that Rohit was saying something.

Rohit : "Vi Sammy is waiting to talk to u"

Virat knew he could not talk to them. Talking to them means again getting close to Rohit. If anyone will get slight hint then they will again troll Ro because of him. No that cannot happen.

Virat hurriedly got up and said : "Sorry Rohit I need to make a urgent call"
————————————

Virat reached his room and locked it. He did not want to face anyone. He just slumped down in defeat. It was so hard for Virat to behave formally with his Mahi Bhai and Ro. But he knew he has to he can't let Mahi Bhai and Ro suffer because of him. The two most important people in his life can't be dragged into this matters. But he can't help but feel lonely and scared. Whenever Virat was feeling restless or Scared he always went to Mahi Bhai keeping his head on his lap.

Virat was feeling frustrated, angry, and empty. He was feeling empty without his Bhai and Ro, he want to hug them, cry his heart out. But he can't he just can't. He just wanted this all to over but he knew that it will not get over anytime soon. This trolling will continue. But he had to maintain distance so that no one else gets hurt.

He just denied talking to his girl ,his princess , his cupcake. What was he doing ? What had he done ? She would be so upset right now ... Ro would be so upset .. he will never talk to me now .. but ya this is what I wanted right ? To be distanced from them .. I will achieve that ..

Virat was having a difficult time controlling his emotions. He was feeling clogged with tears and could not get enough breath. He just sat there slumped against the wall trying to get his breathing in control. He just slept off in exhaustion.

———————————————
2 parts in a day

Will Rohit and Mahi bhai be able to handle Virat or they will drift away from him ?

Vote and comment your feedback
In-line comments and suggestions welcomed
Wrote in collaboration with Kiran1209