12: Noticing

Isabella's Pov:

I woke up in the morning and had to do my morning routine; like taking a nice hot bath, brushing my teeth white, and doing my hai-! I'M ALL OUT OF HAIR CONDITIONER?! What a way to my day. I stepped out my room with dry hair. My hair needs to be silky! Not sticky, not soft but silky. It's like in the middle of soft and sticky. Dolores came towards my direction trying to talk to me. I threw some flowers at her face and left.

I saw Camilo step out his door and he looked just as mad as I was. Probably because he never wakes up in the mornings on time. Why do I care?! Mirabel and Camilo are imperfect and I need to push their imperfections away from me! I came down stairs and sat table later than everyone else. Breakfast is was done and right after I had chores to do."Where's Mirabel?" Mami questioned.

I just don't understand what is so special about Mirabel than me?! Why does mami pay so much attention to her?! What does she have that I don't?! Whatever it is, I can do better! "It doesn't matter if she's here or not! We need to eat out food before the clock ticks 10!" Abuela yelled at mami. I mean, Abuela's not wrong. Who cares if Mirabel isn't here. She's just a cerdo perezoso! (lazy pig)

"But mami! I can't have Mirabel eat nothing!" Mami was about to place the cooking spoon down till Abuela snatched the spoon out her hands. "If you're not going to serve the food then I am!" Abuela began to serve to serve the food. Abuela grabbed mami and sat her down at the table before she could ask Mirabel to come down and eat. Abuela came with the food and placed it on the table. It looked like a mess no offense.

"Eat!" Abuela yelled. We all ate our food in silence till Camilo got up. "Camilo where do you think you are going with an unfinished plate?!" Abuela shouted. I swear Camilo is gonna come with a snazzy comeback at Abuela! Camilo is just so rude! I remember the time when he snatched a basket out my hands and scratched me! "I'm done! Okay?! I'm full!" Camilo snapped at Abuela which I wasn't expecting. I wonder though... what made him act such a way? "Excuse me?!" Abuela screamed. "Pepa is this how you teach your son to behave?" Abuela turned to tía pointing fingers at her. Tía got up from her seat and left as a cloud followed her; she was crying.

I left to do my chores. "ISABELLA!" I looked behind me and saw Mariano. I looked away immediately not wanting to talk to him. I pretended as if I never saw him. Last night, I saw him with Dolores. It was only then when I started to really gain feelings for him. Dolores was even blushing and so was he! That's why I threw flowers in her face. I was jealous. "Isabella!" Mariano smiled sweetly. "I thought I would never see you again!" Mariano hugged me from behind. I jumped as all the kid awed us. I blushed but remained calm. I ran away from Mariano not wanting to talk to him. He chased me till lunch time.

I saw Camilo and he looked happier than before. Mami sat down and there was no clouds above her head, she was smiling. Everyone else came and sat down at the table except Mirabel. "Where's Mirabel?" Tía asked again. I" knocked on her door early but she just told me to go away," Camilo turned to me immediately. "Is her door closed?" Camilo asked with a worried face. "Yes why?" I question.

"No no no!" Camilo stood up from his seat. "Young man sit down!" Abuela yelled at Camilo. Camilo ran up the stairs and tried to open Mirabel's door. "MIRABEL OPEN THE DOOR!" Camilo yelled. "ANTONIO!" Camilo called for Antonio. Antonio came up the stairs worried about Camilo. "Yes niño?" "Do you have an a animal that can unlock doors?" Camilo asked. "Yeah..." Antonio gave him an insect and the insect opened the door.

Mirabel's door made a click sound. Camilo was about to opened to the door but something was in his way. The door wouldn't budge at all. "Mirabel! Please let me in!" Camilo looked like he was about to cry. "Let me try," tía placed her hand on the door handle as pushed it forward. The door creaked open. There was a mess in Mirabel's room.

Glass shattered on the floor, broken things everywhere. Camilo just stood there eyes open. He walked inside and saw the mess clearer. Mirabel was hiding behind the door. "Mirabel come out," Camilo sounded angry but his face was calm. "Mirabel... get out from behind the door please," Camilo's facial expression didn't change but his voice sounded a lot more annoyed then before.

Camilo took a deep heavy breath and managed to grab Mirabel's hand. He dragged her out the door and all I could see was blood all over her clothes. She was crying. There was cuts all over her body and she looked weak. Blood was all over the floor. "Why?" Camilo asked. "We talked about this no? So why?" Camilo knew about what was happening with Mirabel this whole time and didn't say anything?! I looked back as I saw tía dropped to the floor. Tears streaming down her cheeks. Mirabel's face looked scared as she saw Abuela.

Mirabel's face looked scared as she saw Abuela walk behind her. Of course she had something to do with this! Abuela dropped to floor as she saw Mirabel in state she was in.

"A-A-Abuela p-please! I-I-I didn't do anything! T-They just came t-to *sniff* to-to m-m-me! I-I don't w-w-wanna f-find *sniff* a n-n-n-new home!" Mirabel stammered while she cried, gasping for air. Her eyes rolled back for a moment till they closed, she passed out in front of everyone.

"MAMI!" Mami got up from the floor and turned to Abuela. "WHAT DID YOU TELL MIRABEL?!" Mami slapped Abuela and began to attack her. Tía had to rip her off Abuela. As a result, there was bruises all over Abuela. I just stood there shocked; I've never seen mami act like this before. First Camilo and now mami?! What is going on today?! "Get off me!" Mami screamed as tears poured down her cheeks like a never ending river. "Mi pequeña niña! MI PEQUEÑA NIÑA!" Mami screamed over and over again; soon, she began laughing. "Mi *laughs* pequeña *laughs* niña! Ahhh!!!!! WHY?!" Mami was having a metal breakdown in front of everyone. Tía and papi tried to calm her down but she wouldn't.

After that everyone kept quiet and didn't say a word. Not a single peep out of anyone. Mami didn't cook dinner so we hand to find our own food to eat. Abuela was about to yell at tía for not making dinner till tía interrupted saying, "How would you feel if your own daughter had suicide thoughts because her Abuela doesn't love her like she loves the others?!" Abuela left and went to her room without eating as well. After a week after, Mirabel woke up. I didn't have the time to see her but when I did I was furious.

Today, I saw holding for black permanent ink in my hand and it spilt all over my dress. Mirabel bumped into me. "MY DRESS! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I screamed. "Sorry," Mirabel rolled her eyes and was about to walk away till I grabbed her back. My eyes widened with shock as I looked into her eyes; it was dull with not love or care inside. Like she had lost life or was completely emotionless. I realized her and pushed her away from me. She left as I stumbled into the closest table to me. 'No, no, no! That is not the Mirabel I know!' I held my chest feeling pain for a reason I don't know.