Chapter 6

Jennie's POV

Jennie's POV

As I was signing contracts, what happened yesterday comes to mind. I look at the folder beside me. It's the information that was collected by the MIB yesterday. I can't seem to open it. There's something holding me back. It feels like I am violating her privacy.

I finish my work early so I can destress earlier. It has nothing to do with the small blonde at the park.

Nothing.

I lift all the files I've read and signed then slam it on the table of Kai.

Kai was surprise by the load of papers I've placed on his table.

"Oh. Good job mam. Have a good day." I nodded at him then bat out of the office.

I grab my packed lunch and changed out of my suit inside my car.

The MIB knows my routine by heart so they know where to bring me after my work.

The MIB parked the car right outside the park then nodded at me.

I lower my hood down and go to my usual place. I can feel eyes glancing at my direction. I sigh.

I arrive on my spot and I saw Lisa sitting on her usual place. I notice that she's not eating anything.

I look at my watch saw that it's only past 1pm.
I bet within five minutes she'll approach me.

She's a strange one. She's shy but she determinedly approaches me even if she's terrified yesterday.

I observe that she wears the same clothes for two straight days.

Don't get me started on her wish list. She wished for blanket for the cold. A new flipflops to replace her tattered one and a bonus for the volunteers at her shelter.

I can see that she's selfless, caring and homeless.

I want so badly to whisk her away from this place but I am practically a stranger to her.

F*ck.

"Hello Ms. Hoodie! Your back!"

I look up and saw Lisa smiling brightly at me. She's wearing a red dress this time.

I nodded in response.

She sat down beside me and starts to tell what happened last night on her shelter without even asking if I am interested in hearing her stories.

I let her.

Her lively voice for some reason gives me energy.

I'm so f*cking crazy.

"Last night there's a bunch of people lining up outside the shelter. So I decided to help Miss Moonbyul. I help out distributing dinners and some blankets and pillows." She started.

"Miss Moonbyul reminded me from time to time to set aside my dinner already and blankets but I forgot. So, what happened was I only ate one twinkies and water last night which is not bad because I still have dinner compared to other people with nothing to eat at all. I got a blanket but my sleep's not good because there's a riot super early this morning."