Treasure hunt for a cricket

IDK how we did it but somehow we'd gone from homecoming which is at the beginning of the year to the end of the school year, just like that. And for Jerry that meant Summer School. Jack, Milton, Jerry, and I (outfit 45) were outside our lockers with Milton wondering how he was gonna take his Venus fly trap plant home now that it's past eating just flies and is onto meatballs now.

And then Kim came down the stairs talking about the career stuff with their councilors. Milton agreed with her that those things were jank since he said the they said he was supposed to be a farmer even though he's allergic to everything on the farm afraid of everything on the farm and that his body would never hold up the overalls.

Jack said he didn't even pick his up cause no one believes a thing that they say. Then Eddie came down the stairs saying he believed everything that it said and that he was gonna be an archeologist. How come I didn't have to fill one out? Because you're too young, it's for upper classmen and it shouldn't matter to you what a test says you should be you should be whatever you want to be. Jack told me resting a comforting hand on my shoulder.

But, what I wanna be isn't a career. I shake my head. Sure it is. He shrugs. Why would you say that? Because I can't be one physically, I'd have to be a whole different gender to be what I wanted to be. Why's that? He asks me again. Cause only boys can be big brothers or little brothers, there's "brother" in the title. Why would you want to be a big brother? Jack asks me confused. Jack.... Kim cuts in.

I shake my head at him. She doesn't want to be a big brother she wants to be like you. Besides, I couldn't be you even if I wanted to be.... As you shouldn't you should be no one but yourself. You didn't let me finish, I say throwing my arms around him. I can't be you, because you're already taking that spot. What spot? The best big brother ever. Awe Farrah? He wraps his arms around me. I love you kid. I love you too.

That is so sweet! Kim gets tears in her eyes as she holds her hands over her heart. At the dojo Rudy was really impressed by Eddie and how good he's been focusing and whatever and Eddie told him that he was really focused because karate was gonna help me keep from being wedgied by a mummy.

After Eddie said that Rudy was all like.... I got wedgied by a mummy once, it was on Halloween (whatever year Rudy said it was) how he had blackened out and when he came too all his candy was gone except the couple of pieces that had been shoved up his nose. But Eddie shook his head and told him about the career test, which lead him into a dream sequence.

In it he was dressed like Indiana Jones, avoiding traps, like in the wall spares and rolling boulders. You know like in the movies. Setting off booby traps and whatnot. Almost getting killed by some traps and obstacles, completing those just to come across new ones that were more dangerous then the last obstacle.

All the while that enemies were after him and using his whip to get across chasms swinging to the other side, just like in the movies, that I've actually never seen, but have played the movie Lego games and the events are talked about a lot all the time like in the Star Wars movies. Blah, blah, blah....

Running into monsters like mummies only to demask them as frauds like in Scooby Doo. And once the dream sequence was over Rudy was encouraging him and he even told him he had the costume pieces. But then the rest of us walked in. And questioning him about the whole Archeology thing.

Milton said that Eddie wasn't exactly the exploring type, that even on Easter he couldn't find any eggs and lost his basket. But Eddie said he didn't lose it he stole it and ate his candy. But he was reminded that the rest of his family was an accountant. But why shouldn't Eddie strive to be what he wants to be, after all following your family isn't what it's all cracked up to be.

Eddie decided they were right. And told Rudy he wouldn't be needing his stuff anymore anyways. And walked away sad. Eddie wait up! I called after him. What was that? Rudy asked the others. What? Kim asked him. Rudy said he'd never seen Eddie so alive more than he was talking about being a treasure hunter. And what did you do? You told him he was basically destined to be an accountant just like the rest of his family.

But Rudy, Milton said.... Those career tests aren't real. It doesn't matter if they're real or not Rudy told the gang. He believes that it is, friends are supposed to build each other up not tear each other down. I thought I taught you all better than that?! Rudy scolded walking away disappointed.

Meanwhile Phil was inside his restaurant trying to find a cricket. Climbing all over tables and running around the whole place weirding people out. Chasing some people away and out of it. Rudy came in after everyone else was gone while Phil talked to him about the cricket noise that he said was ruining the business and was really annoying at that Rudy had to help him find it.

Rudy said he'd help him, especially since Phil had no idea what a cricket was. Rudy called himself the "cricket whisper" and then saw a tiny hole that he looked in only to get hurt and tell Phil that the cricket plucked his eyebrow which I'm told hurts. I wouldn't know I don't have any pain resistance my hairstylist or my aunt sometimes, trims them up with scissors instead.

Meanwhile.... Eddie, don't let our friends strike you down like that. You should strive for what you want to be. There's no point in being what your family was or is. You should be what you want to be. The sky is the limit as long as it's available. If you could be anything you wanted what would want to be? He asked me. It's not important what I want, it's not about me this is about you.

But I can tell you one thing. I hope that even if Jack didn't see his results that he'd never want to be or that he didn't get the job of a school teacher. Why? Because both our parents were, and we know how that turned out, that's how they met. What happened to your dad? He asked me.

He died of a heart attack the day I was born. My mom would say it was with great disappointment because I was a girl and she wasn't expecting me. But Jack and our grandpa say that he would say he died of happiness because he was so happy to have me as his daughter. My mother blames me for the death of our father. She always compared me to Jack wanted to know why I couldn't be like him.

Jack thought if he left she wouldn't have anyone to compare me too. She had started to drink a lot and get drunk and or high or stuff, and abuse me, physically, emotionally and mentally. Just as you learned when we did that reality T.V. show. I gained enough money and came out here to run away from her. We saw how that turned out. I'm sorry Farrah but they're still right.

We returned to the dojo where just mins before Kim and Milton and them were talking about a gift they wanted to give to Eddie and that Jerry was supposed to whoo like he meant it. Eddie came back still all sad. Wait Eddie! I called to him again....

Everyone acted so excited to see him again, as he sat down at the bench. Kim said they had changed their mind that they thought about it and decided he was right he would be a good treasure hunter if that's what he really wanted to be. And he'd be real good at it. You know why? Why?

Inside the box was some kind device that was supposed to help him find things. Kind of like a GPS. And with some encouragement we were all happy for him and he said it was the best thing he'd ever gotten. And we were all really happy for him. At Phil's Rudy and Phil were "cricket fishing" and they had a bunch of little holes in the walls.

He tried to shove the bait onto the hook while he shoved the hook into the hole but it turns out the bait came off and neither of them even knew it. They sat down in a couple of chairs and waited for a bite. Phil found the bait on the floor and ate it, and told Rudy not to rush the bait but to have him take it.

When Phil picked it up Rudy said he had a bite and then Phil stuck it in his mouth and Rudy thought he had the cricket but it was really Phil. But Rudy didn't realize that's what had happened. The next day (outfit 46)was our official first day of summer vacation and we agreed that we shouldn't do anything that we didn't want to. And then Eddie came over with his Treasure Hunt gear and said we should clear our calendars because tomorrow or Saturday or whatever we were going with him on his treasure hunt.