Ch. 10 - HAPPY

▪︎ 🔥🌆☀️ ▪︎

▪︎ 🔥🌆☀️ ▪︎

Chapter Ten☀️ Happy ☀️

Chapter Ten
☀️ Happy ☀️

After a little while Thomas got up and grabbed some of his stuff. "Here." He said, holding out Joan's jacket, "Thanks." She said as she grabbed it while getting up. Joan glanced at Brenda for a moment before noticing something had fallen out of Brenda's pocket. 

Joan picked it up to see it was some metal box before opening to find a picture of some boy. "He was my brother." Brenda said, making Thomas and Joan look at her, "Shit, sorry. Are you okay? How are you feeling?" Joan asked as she handed Brenda the thing while she and Thomas sat back down. 

"You remind me of him." Brenda said, looking over at Thomas, "He always saw the best in people." Brenda said before turning onto her side to face them. "Where is he now?" Thomas asked and Brenda shrugged slightly, "I don't know. When we were kids... we were taken in by one of WICKED's camps. They gave us a bunch of tests. They didn't want me. They wanted him, though... They didn't even let me say good-bye." Brenda said. 

"What was his name?" Joan asked and Brenda smiled softly, "George." She said and Thomas pulled out a small wooden doll out of his pocket. "That was Chuck." Thomas said as Joan looked at the doll, "How did he die?" She asked as she glanced at him. 

"Saving my life." Thomas said, making Joan smile sadly at him before handing Brenda the doll then taking off a necklace she was wearing. "One of my girls made this." Joan said as she held out a small wooden square that had the letter J carved into it. "Ximena. She was the first girl to come up after me and she made this during the month it was just me and her... She died on our way out." She said. 

Joan and Thomas stared at each other for a moment before Joan cleared her throat and looked over at Brenda. "Get some rest." Joan said in a slight whisper before she and Thomas stood up. They walked out the tent to see Jorge sitting outside. 

"Hermano." He said before suddenly hugging Thomas making Joan chuckle at the noise of surprise Thomas made. A second later, Jorge pulled away from Thomas but quickly moved to hug Joan.