Hello Again

Y/N's POV:

The next day is the day I see Gorgeous Girl again. It's almost as if she's been waiting for me because as soon as I get up to my locker she appears out of nowhere and approaches me with her minions dutifully following.

"Well, hello, Y/N", she greets me cheerfully.

I drily reply: "Fancy seeing you here."

"I see", she says, mockingly making herself look sad, "someone's not in the mood to talk today. Too bad, because I really wanted to talk to you!"

I'm mad at myself for how cute I find her fake pout. It's a different kind of cute than with Laura. Laura's simply adorable and when I see her I get the feeling of wanting to protect her, like I would protect a little sister. But this girl ... Her cuteness makes me want to go over and kiss her.

Wow. Did I really just think that? Get it together, Y/N!

While I was lost in some of my less glorious thoughts, Gorgeous Girl has come closer. Just two more steps and she could pin me against the wall of lockers. Somehow I'm not as opposed to the thought as I should probably be.

"Well, then just talk to me, I guess", I reply nonchalantly. On the outside at least.

She smiles, and it looks like a hunter closing in on her prey. "Oh, I will." She takes one more step toward me. "But only once you learn manners."

I raise my eyebrows. She can't be serious.

Only when she replies, do I realize that I have said that out loud.

"I am very serious. You're new here, so I'll let you off easy. But you will do the same as everyone else here and respect me." She emphasizes the last three words.  

Maybe I'm dumb or I just really wanna see whether she'll come even closer, but without thinking I say: "I respect everyone who respects me. So maybe I'm not the problem."

My plan backfires. Horribly. Gorgeous Girl grins. And it really is animalistic.

I'm torn between wondering how her pretty face can look so threatening and actually feeling threatened. But before I can decide on one of the two things, she moves away from me. Instead, two familiar figures approach me. One of the two apparently didn't appreciate me not invading his space on our shared desk as much as he should have.

An even bigger crowd forms as the two close in on me. And there, over Blonde Girl's shoulder, I see a familiar dark-haired figure.

Laura is watching from the back of the crowd. And simply that. Just watching, not doing anything to help me.

~

I'm late for class. But that's no surprise since I had to pick up all the contents of my backpack, make myself look at least somewhat presentable again, and then finally get it together. 

I don't see Laura at lunch later, but I may have skipped it. I wasn't hungry anyway.

At the end of the day, any last trace of any improvement in mood is gone. I skip doing homework as well and go to sleep early. At least my dreams have some mercy today. There are just some random, weird storylines I don't really remember when I wake up.