Is it getting better yet?

Y/N's POV:

I'm kind of surprised to find that Gorgeous Girl doesn't keep her promise. She sounded pretty serious (of course, one could also call it threatening), but I don't see her for the remainder of my first day at this school. Maybe it's better this way.

I miss most of my classes because the secretary takes way too long. (Really, what's so hard about handing out a few documents?) So, the rest of my day is very uneventful.

I get a few weird stares from some of my new classmates. That likely means that news about my strange encounter that morning has spread. But well, what does it even matter?

After school, I head home immediately, do my homework, and then waste my time until it's dark enough to sleep. Unsurprisingly, Gorgeous Girl finds a way into my dreams.

I dream that my parents adopted her and are now leaving to go live their perfect life with her. And without me. Their condescending sneers haunt me for the rest of the night. 

~

A look in the mirror the next morning tells me I look exactly like I feel, and that's not good. Not good at all.

I quickly wash up and try to make myself look as presentable as possible. Then I look at my phone, and oh ... That's not good either. Not in the slightest.

My second day at the new school and I'm already going to be late. What a great way to leave a good impression. In fact, I desperately need to make a good impression to get my new teachers to like me. The last thing I want is to struggle with my grades here. That would only add to the list of reasons why I hate this place.

I rush back to my room and just in time to catch a brown-haired girl rushing out of the house next to mine through the big window, but I don't walk over to the window to see more of her, I'm running a little short of time, after all.

As fast as I can I throw on some clothes and grab the rest of my stuff, before following my neighbor's example and rushing out of my house.

~

I really hate the walk to school, I decide. It's unnecessarily long and boring. Just the same posh neighborhoods for a little over 30 minutes. Nothing interesting. 

On top of that, I'm also a bit sweaty by the time I arrive at school because I was walking as fast as I could to have any chance of getting there on time. It probably looked like awkward speed-walking. 

I hastily smooth my hair back, in hopes that it will somewhat fix the messy state that my hair no doubt is in. Then I take a deep breath and cross the small distance to the door and push it open. Once inside the school, I only get to take about three steps before the breath is knocked from my lungs.