48. Child-sleeping Of Jungquack

Beginne am Anfang

"Oh just, exercising."

Her suspicions grew, "You don't excercise in office Jin."

"I didn't had the time to do so yesterday evening, so I thought I would do it today."

Makes sense.

He would always postpone his exercises to another day if he had to do something important that day. But she felt something off.

Something eerily off.

[3 hours and 9 minutes till Jungkook went missing]

Thud.

Jungkook fell off his chair.

"Whatcha' doin' there kid?" A loud voice boomed across the store as he got up rubbing his butt.

"Nothin' Mr. Kwon! Just fell off!"

"Take care kid, don't want the barista to get hurt. Who'll deliver the goodies then?" An old man in his early fifties stepped out of the kitchen wiping a ceramic plate clean with a towel.

Jungkook tsk'ed, "I'm not a kid."

"I heard that!" Mr. Kwon went back to his kitchen snickering.

Flailing his limbs out of pure frustration, he slumped down on his chair. The sky was begining to darken by the time as the clock hands ticked ever so slowly.

Tick tick tick.

He didn't hate working here but sometimes the cranky old man got really annoying sometimes, like today. So he often ended up counting seconds till his his shift ends if the café wasn't bustling.

Though the store had good sales (all because of him), spring rains like these ruined the good flow and demoralise the staff.

His hands were dangling off the counter as he watched the still rain-wrecked sky hovering above.

This was going to be long.

__ __

"Get some work done, woman."

Yeonhee sighed hearing the same voice bugging her for the umpteenth time.

"Don't wanna." She turned her head the other way.

"I'll ask the boss to remove you before your trial period even ends." Jin blew a raspberry.

She jolted right up and opened her laptop to be faced with the same haunting market analytics. Had it been Hoseok with her, it would be a piece of cake for her.

Alas! Odds are not always in your way.

[2 hours and 1 minute till Jungkook went missing]

Tick tick tick.

The clock on the wall went forward not caring nor waiting for people around. The rain stopped a while ago resulting the café to filled with some people.