(C16) Rain Pours Down

Marshall's sorrow filled words echoed around the lookout as everyone, including his parents, listened closely to them. Everyone knew Marshall had been struggling ever since his family came to Adventure Bay, but it was admittedly shocking to see that it had gotten so bad Marshall was truly considering leaving the Paw Patrol as a whole.

Everest continued to gently rub Marshall's back with one of her paws as the Dalmatian continued to let all of the emotions that he had been bottling up for oh so long flow free. "Hey, Marshy. It's going to be okay, I promise. We're all going to be with you every step of the way. That's never going to change." Everest said in a calming tone as she continued to rub Marshall's fur extremely gently, feeling his breathing begin to relax as he laid down on the concrete near his fire truck.

"I.... appreciate that, Everest, everyone." Marshall said shakily as he cuddled against Everest, feeling the warmth of her fur warm his up as her kindness filled words and soothing touch spread throughout Marshall's body, allowing his breathing to relax even further from the hyperventilation that it had been at for far too long, with everything that's happened recently.

Blaze and Smoke then stepped forward and found themselves unable to find the words that they wanted to say to Marshall, their oldest pup, whatsoever. After all, it was completely their fault that Marshall's mental health was in this state. But that doesn't mean they can give up and let Marshall continue to suffer because of their failures in the past. Not at all.

"Marshall, son. I've been... How do I even put this? Extremely unfair to you, both me and Smoke have, in fact. It was wrong to put those expectations of you becoming a police pup to follow in my footsteps, not only at the young age you were at back then, but even in the first place. I know my words will never undo everything from the years that have gone by and it shouldn't, but I just hope that we can all go back to being a family again; even if that means you'll never come back to Azura to live there permanently and instead stay as a Paw Patrol member here with your friends in Adventure Bay, I want you to be happy. We all want you to be happy, Marshall." Blaze said, his voice low as he looked away from his son as he placed a paw on his chest. Smoke nodded in agreement, placing her paw atop Blaze's and resting her other paw atop one of Marshall's in order to show that the whole support each other, and always will.

"We love you, Marshall. We always have." Smoke whispered as she looked up at her oldest pup with such sincerity in her eyes as tears began to spill forth onto Marshall's face and fall onto the concrete below as his heart shattered as it felt like it was breaking right along with the pieces.

"Big brother Marshall, I can't lie and say I ever thought I'd say this in a million years... especially after what we all know happened in Azura between us as a family. But I agree with our parents, we all care about you, we always have and always will. Do what's right for you." Cookie continued where her parents left off as she and Kai walked up to where the rest of their family was. They all remained silent for that extremely brief period of time, looking up at the sky as they watched the bright morning sun shine down upon them, illuminating their fur and features as they each took deep breaths of the fresh air, watching the clouds pass by them, and enjoying the beautiful scenery before them.

"That's for sure, Sis. Big brother, we all care about you, even more so after you saved Cookie from that house fire back home in Azura. If you never became a fire pup and stayed with us in Azura, she would've died in that fire a few weeks ago, that's undeniable, and I'm glad that didn't come to pass. We all care about you, Marshall. We always have and always will." Kai continued where Cookie left off as Marshall found himself getting overwhelmed with hundreds of different emotions and thoughts all at once, overwhelming the Dalmatian as he retreated into his pup house and locked its entrance from the inside using its electronic lock.