(C1) A Day in the Life

Hey guys! Before I get started, welcome to Paw Patrol: A Dalmatian's Reunion! This story has been in the works for a little while now, but before it starts I'd like to thank ThreadyRumble for allowing me to write this story, and I'd also like to shout out Steampony24 for coming up with this story idea and suggesting it! Now then, on with the show!

As the bright sun rolled over Adventure Bay, a young German Shepherd named Chase woke up. He looked up to the sky and figured it was around 7:25 in the morning. "And as usual, we're still on schedule like we always are. Now then, it's time to wake up the other pups for breakfast." Chase thought to himself, exiting his pup house as the automatic door opened in front of him and then closed behind him.

Moving around the lookout, he woke up Skye the aviator pup of the team, Rocky the recycling pup of the team, Zuma the aquatic rescue pup of the team, Rubble the construction pup of the team and Everest, the snow rescue pup of the team.

But as he neared the red pup house that turns into a firetruck, Chase knocked on the automatic door to try and wake Marshall up. "Hey Marshall? It's time for breakfast." Chase called out, trying to get Marshall's attention.

Chase also confirmed Marshall wasn't relieving himself in the common bushes the pups always used. A quick glance over to the bushes revealed no presence in any of them, but he also heard next to nothing from inside Marshall's pup house.

"Alright Marshall, I'll go get breakfast now. If you aren't sleeping right now, good morning and I hope we get to see you at breakfast today like we always do." Chase said, moving away from Marshall's pup house as the other five pups ran into the lookout, deciding to follow them.

As the team of six entered the lookout, they came into the living room to see that Ryder had already set out breakfast, which is what usually happens daily.

But as Chase and the others ate, Ryder could tell something was on Chase's mind with the look on the young pup's face. He had also noticed Marshall wasn't at breakfast. "I'll wait until after they get breakfast done before I ask Chase about what's on his mind. I'm also about to go out and call Marshall to see what's going on. Normally he'd never miss breakfast unless something is going on."

Walking away from the pups as they ate, Ryder pulled his pup pad out and called Marshall's pup tag. This made a soft beeping sound fill Ryder's ears, and quite clearly, the other pups heard it too. They stopped eating and looked over at Ryder, curious looks on their faces as Rocky spoke.

"Ryder, why would Marshall's tag be ringing right now? Is there a mission?" The mixed breed asked, looking around himself to see that Marshall still wasn't at breakfast and the tag ringing wasn't coming from inside the lookout, but slightly outside.

"I called his tag to see what's going on, haven't heard a response though. I'm going to check his pup house, you pups stay here and keep eating for now, I'll be right back." Ryder explained as the pups continued eating.

With that, Ryder walked outside of the lookout and saw Marshall's firetruck in its pup house form. It was simply sitting there doing nothing. The automatic door was closed. However, as Ryder got closer to the door, he could hear a slight whimpering from inside the pup house alongside the pup tag ringing.

That whimpering was of course coming from Marshall, with the other pups all being in the lookout and it coming from inside his pup house.

"Marshall is everything okay?" Ryder asked, knocking on the automatic door as he asked.

"N-nothing is okay Ryder, I just don't get it. Why is it still on my mind after all of these years?" Marshall admitted in between whimpers as the automatic door began to open.