Chapter Twenty-Two

January 1st, 2017
Prentiss Family Home

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed, Jennifer has always been an earlier raiser. I stretch my body out and get up padding into the bathroom to shower. There were clothes laid out on the counter for me and a smile spread across my face. Yup, I can't wait to marry her. The day couldn't come any faster.

After my shower, I get out and dry off. I put my lotion on and slip the clothes on, I brush my teeth and wash my face before heading downstairs.

I hear a lot of laughter as I reach the last step. I follow the sound to the big kitchen that my parents had. The whole team is still here along with their significant other. Jennifer is by the stove with Henry, when did he get here? They're making pancakes it looks like, but Henry is currently eating the chocolate chips that are suppose to be for my pancakes.

"Well good morning sunshine!" Garcia said as she spotted me walking into the kitchen. Jennifer turned looking back at me. A small smile on her face.

"Emmy!!" Henry said, I walked over to him pulling him into my arms. Placing a kiss against his head.

"Hey bubbers when did you get here?"

"Jessica brought him over this morning along with Jack" Jennifer said answering the question. I turned my head towards her.

"Good morning baby" she smiles and leans up pressing a kiss against my lips.

"Good morning baby"

"Emmy we make you pancakes" Henry said wanting my attention again.

"You are? I thought I was having you for breakfast" I said as I attacked him with kisses and making noises like I was eating him.

"Haha no silly! I'm not food!" He said grabbing my face. "You gots to eat people food" Jennifer was laughing quietly beside us as she finished the plate of pancakes.

"Go sit down, I'll bring y'all a plate" I nodded and headed over to the table with the rest of the team and my parents. I sat down with Henry in my lap.

"Good morning dear, how did you sleep?" My mom asked as she sat down beside me.

"Amazing like always when I sleep here"

"Are you sure it wasn't for other reasons?" Derek asked from across me, I kicked him and he yelped. "What the heck?!" My eyes cut to Henry and he nodded. "I mean yeah the bed was amazing last night, thank you for letting us stay"

"Oh you're more than welcome Derek" Jennifer brought over a plate for Henry and I along with a coffee for me and milk for him. She ran her hand across my back as she sits on the other side of me.

"So that proposal last night.." Tara asked. We both blushed looking at each other.

"I mean I was caught up in the moment. Ever since I returned I've fallen deeper in love with Jennifer. There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't think about her. I knew once I returned I had to make her mine, I couldn't let her get away again. I'll always fall in love with her every chance I get no matter where I am in the world."

"Aw that's so sweet! Is there a date you guys would love to get married on?" We both looked at each other before answering.

"June 7th"

"Why that date?"

"It's the first night that we went out together, alone. It was a friend date but it was the best date of my life. I knew my feelings then but I was already with Will"

"Yeah, it was right after that Prince of Darkness case. We had never hung out alone before so once we got back home I asked her out to dinner. I didn't want her to think that I was trying to get with her so I took her to the diner down the street from my place"

"And I'll go to that diner with you any day" she leaned over kissing my lips smiling.

"Y'all are so disgustingly cute" we laughed and sat around the table eating and talking with one another, laughs being heard all around. Henry somehow had my phone and was showing me these toys he saw on tv. I may or may not have bought them for him.

...

We left my parents house around 3 that afternoon with promises of meeting up for dinner soon.

"Since we are getting married and everything I was thinking that we should find a new house.. Something bigger. That house has some memories now that I'm not fond of. I've found a few that I think you would like. They're in gated communities, a private school for Henry close by and it's new builds so we would be the first owners"

"Hmm, I've been thinking about a bigger house for us honestly. I know we both want more kids sooner or later, later hopefully. We can look when we get back home. Can we stop by target first though? I want to get stuff for cookies."

"COOKIES" Henry yelled from the backseat. I laughed and headed towards Target.

...

"Okay so we need eggs, milk, butter, and cookie mix. Along with other things." I said as we walked into the store. Henry was on Emily's shoulders as we walked around, I was pushing the cart in front of them.

"We also need stuff for coffee"

"Cereal too mommy!"

"I guess we are going grocery shopping then" Henry and Emily left me halfway through shopping to go look at toys. As I was heading towards the check out, a voice stopped me.

"Well well well, if it isn't the home wrecker"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

Okay who's running up on Jennifer? 😤

Any guesses?

I hope y'all are still enjoying 🥰