Chapter Seventeen

December 25th, 2016
Christmas Day
Prentiss-Jareau Household

It was 5am when I woke up. I laid there staring at Jennifer. I scooted closer until I was flush against her body, I ran my hand over her hip. She moved a little bit moving closer to me. I looked out of the window and noticed it was snowing. I untangled myself from Jennifer and got up walking over to the window.

My eyes flickered over to my bedside table, the ring I bought was nestled in the drawer. I padded quietly over to it sitting on the bed. I opened the drawer slowly and pulled the box out that held the ring. I opened the lid and looked it.. My heart was beating so fast.

"Hey" I snapped the box closed putting it back in the draw. I turned and noticed Jennifer waking up.

"Hi" I smile at her.

"What are you doing up?" She moves over to me and wraps an arm around me. I just sit here staring at her. My mind racing with every thought possible. From how beautiful she is to how much I love her and can't wait to marry her. "Emily?" She nudges me.

"Uh.. There's something I wanna ask you.." I reach back into the draw and pull the box back out. I turn in the bed towards her so I'm leaning against the headboard. "I picked this up yesterday.."

"Emily-" I held my hand up stopping her.

"Listen. I've loved for your years Jennifer.. I knew I wanted you the rest day I saw you in that office. You were so young and eager to learn everything. I- I knew that I had to have you. But I let you slip away but not this time. This ring is going to tie us together.."

"Emily-"

"Jennifer let me finish. I'm not asking you to marry me, but I am asking you to be my girlfriend. I want to love you until I can't love you anymore. I want to be the one that picks you up after a case, the one you cry to and yell at when she gets hard. You are my future Jennifer. You and Henry. So, Jennifer Andrea Jareau, will you be my girlfriend?" She throws a leg over my thighs sitting down. She grabs my face.

"I would love to be your girlfriend" I smile and smash our lips together, I pull back and slip the ring on to her right ring finger. I kiss it before kissing her again.

"This ring is beautiful Emily.."

"Not as beautiful as you" she looks up at me biting her lip.

"Make love to me..." I groan and wrap an arm around her pulling her closer.

"Later tonight.. I have something special planned"

"Mmm of course you do but I have something for you" she gets up and runs into the closet, I hear her moving things around then she comes back into the room holding a yellow envelope. She climbs back on to my lap handing it to me. "You don't have to say yes okay..? I just wanted to do this.. You mean the world to Henry and I" I grab the envelope and slowly slide the papers out. My eyes widen as I read over them. I sit up a little more.

"Are you serious Jennifer?" I look at her with tears in my eyes.

"Yeah.. I want you to be his mom. I want him to be a Prentiss" a tear falls down my cheek as I look back at the papers. My hands are shaking.

"Okay.."

"Okay?"

"Yeah" a wide smile spreads across my face as she throws her arms around me.

"God I love you"

"I love you too Jennifer so much"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

Henry woke us up at 8am.

"Mommy! Emmy! It's Christmas!! WAKE UP!!" He started jumping on the bed. Emily and I groaned waking up.

"Come here bubbers" Emily said holding her arms out, he jumped on her. "Oof!" I chuckled getting up running into the bathroom to pee. I didn't have any panties on, Emily and I kinda celebrated our engagement if you would say. They got up and went downstairs Henry screaming at me to hurry up.

I got dressed and headed downstairs, they were waiting for me on the couch.

"Can I open them now Emmy?"

"Yeah bubbers go for it!" He jumped and ran over the tree, he started ripping the boxes apart,Emily was filming the whole thing. I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I watched him open everything. Emily went all out for him since we've had a rough year.

I watched has he pulled toy after toy after toy out of boxes and bags. His facing lighting up every time. He ran over with a bag for me. "Here you go mom"

I looked at the tag, "From Emily Prentiss" I smiled at her and reached into the bag pulling out two boxes.

"Oh they're gorgeous Em..." I said looking at earrings.

"Open the other one" I gasped as I lifted the lid on the other box. It matched the earrings. They were both wishbone shaped.

I leaned over and gave her a kiss before putting the earrings in. Henry came running over again this time it was a box for Emily. "Thank you bubbers"

I watched as she opened box, I chewed on my thumb watching her. "Jennifer.." She says as she sees the name on the box Rolex.

"Open it" I said bumping her leg with mine. She lifted the lid and gasped a little. It's the watch she's been looking for. Rolex Datejust Watch 16200, 36Mm, black dial with a Jubilee Band.

Along with the watch was a box for a Louis Vuitton wallet.

"Jennifer, I- Thank you" she grabbed the back of my head pulling me into a kiss.

"I want a kiss!" Henry says running over jumping into my lap. I start covering his face in kisses as Emily tickles him. His laugh bounces off the walls as he begs us to stop. Emily pulls him into her lap kissing his cheeks.

"Did you like everything Santa brought you?"

"Yeah! He got everything I wanted cept for my t-Rex." I laughed poking his stomach.

"Come on let's clean up, we gotta get ready to head to Rossi's house"

"Ah yea the famous Rossi Christmas Dinner" we start cleaning up the living room, Emily and Henry taking all his gifts to his room.

I can't believe it's our Christmas as a couple and family. Dreams really do come true.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

AH, they're a couple! That ring Jesus 👀😅

They're so cute together ♥️