Eternal friendship

Karna was waiting anxiously for dhuryodhana's arrival , he didn't know how to face him . Will he understand him or will he disown their friendship , he kept thinking.

Later that day dhuryodhana had arrived , he looked happy , karna was afraid about what was going to happen . He thought dhuryodhana must be happy that he got to marry subhadra . He welcomed dhuryodhana but he was not able to say anything , he was nervous .

Dhuryodhana said " So you have successfully done what i have asked you for "

Karna's  fear was raising at its peak. If he told him the truth then his friend will surely go mad with anger . But he cannot hide it as well . He has to tell him .

Finally after taking some courage Karna confessed the truth to his best friend without looking into his eyes, he kept looking at the floor , his friend was listening with silence . Then atlast he took courage to look at his friend's face . It was strange , what he thought was immense hatred and anger but he was just smiling .

Dhuryodhana patted karna's shoulder and said " It is what I have wanted my friend , i wanted you to marry her that is why I asked you to abduct her "

Karna was confused....

Dhuryodhana continued  " Do you think i will marry another person when I have bhanu , she is my everything , i will never even think of anyone else . When I heard of Arjuna's plan to abduct subhadra , i was angry . Subhadra is my gurudev balarama's sister and arjuna is already married with draupadi and others but , only draupadi is allowed to live with them . Rest are left at their home after he gives them a child . I didn't want that kind of fate for my guru's sister . I would have been okay , if they had conducted a swayamvar and she chose him but they planned to abduct her which means she didn't like arjuna .  So i chose you , you are my best friend and you are still unmarried so i wanted to see you married ,besides you are the most handsome man in  aryavart , you are a self made king , you made Anga prosperous from nothing , you are kind and loving to those who love you , you are the best Archer in whole aryavart what more quality would a girl want   "

Karna was happy that his friend was saying such things about him . He felt blessed to have such a friend . He was always right when he chose dhuryodhana's friendship , though many had tried to warn him that dhuryodhana was using him for his selfish needs , but he never felt that way , he truly was his best friend . Their friendship was pure .

Dhuryodhana said " I'm glad she chose you and we didn't have to force her , i was worried about convincing her to marry you , but seems like she is in love with you " he said with a teasing smile at his friend

Karna for the first time in life blushed a little ......