kala pradarshan

It was skills exhibition day of kuru princes who had mastered their skills from guru dronacharya .The whole hastinapur people had gathered around the arena to witness the extraordinary event which is going to take place .

King dhritharastra with bhishma and few ministers were sitting on their throne at one side and females of kuru family were sitting away from them on the other side . They were guarded and seperated from public.

Among the females were queen gandhari, rajmata kunti , dhusala the only sister of Kauravas , and then subhadra who was a friend of dhusala and cousin of Pandavas . Rajmata kunti had invited her to witness her son's skills , she thought if subhadra is impressed and took a liking towards one of her son's then it would be easy for her to place a marriage allaince with one of her sons and subhadra , with dwarka's support her son yudhishthir would become the next king , everyone feared the mighty yadava's . She tried to get their help many times but Krishna and balaram (her nephew's - kunti was sister of vasudeva) would say that it is not their kingdom to interfere but with a marriage alliance she was certain that they will try to help since they would want their sister to be happy so they would eventually agree with her"

Subhadra was extremely beautiful girl. When She was a child she loved listening to stories from elder and would plead her aunt for stories . Her aunt would start with some stories after some time she would shift her story and start bragging about her kids , though it was annoying there was no other option other than listening. At times she felt like her aunt was trying to manipulate her but then she thought why would she do that ,she might be too proud of her son's and there was nothing more .

Subhadra was eagerly waiting to see her cousins , she had heard from her aunt about their characteristics like yudhishthira was righteous , bheema was strong , arjuna excelled in archery , Nakula was handsome , sahadeva in astrology.

The event started .. guru drona ,kripacharya and aswathama were on stage .

Drona said "I welcome you all to witness this wonderful event , i can assure you that you will enjoy everything that's going to happen here . You will feel blessed to have witnessed this event . Now let's begin the show "

He turned to aswathama and tried to convey something with his eyes which turned towards a large circular wheel made of wood which had names written on it of 100 Kauravas and 5 Pandavas .

Aswathama rotated the circular thing , standing at distance and shot an arrow , which it hit dhuryodhana's name and drona looked at aswathama and he nodded . Dhuryodhana entered the stage and only few people cheered for him .Then aswathama hit an arrow again , it looked as if it was all preplanned , for the next 99 times it was Kauravas and all of them rejected saying they could never defeat their elder brother and hugged him and touched his feat before moving to other side . The crowd never cheered for dhuryodhana and kauravas , they had heard rumours that dhuryodhana and kauravas were evil and they didn't want to support him. But they had never witnessed any such acts from them but they simply believed what they had heard.

Now it was pandavas turn ,the arrow hit sahadeva he came there with a sword but was defeated easily by dhuryodhana who was an excellent mace fighter. Then came nakula who was also a sword fighter but was no way a match to dhuryodhana .
Next arrow hit yudhishthir he came there with the spear and dhuryodhana with mace defeated him but he was better than the previous two . Then came bheem , Bheem was very fat man and he used only brute strength to fight , when enraged he would not abide by rules so dhuryodhana used his tactics and said something to provoke him and bheem attacked him and made his opponents blood spill , which was against the rules of the competition hence dhuryodhana won and it was fair fight .

Subhadra's pov

Subhadra was watching everything with keen eyes , she saw yudhishthir, nalkula, sahadeva and bheema who were defeated by dhuryodhana , she finally realised that everything her aunt told her were not true , nakula looked handsome but he was no where near her brother Krishna . Now only one person was remaining she hoped atleast he would be interesting ...