anga

Subhadra's hands were tied , she was feeling angry at the man sitting before her . He didn't have any regret on his face . She didn't know what to do now . She just relaxed knowing she couldn't do anything else , the maid was sitting with her looking at her sadly .

Karna asked the maid to release the rope which tied her hands so that she can feel comfortable . She had a defeated look , she was neither happy nor sad she just gave up . Karna felt sad seeing her like this . She always looked cheerful . She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen . Dhuryodhana is really lucky , he thought. he came from his thoughts when he heard her saying something.

She said " what are you going to do with me "

Karna replied " I'm taking you to dhuryodhana , he wants to marry you "

She said "I will not marry him , you can't force me "

Karna said " you don't have any choice "

Subhdara felt betrayed , he was going to let that happen . Here she thought he was a good man .

There was long silence , they kept travelling . Subhadra just kept looking at the moving trees ,plants , places , animals . Suddenly karna stopped the chariot to have food . They got down then maid did the cooking , all the essentials where in the chariot . Karna was watching subhadra to make sure she won't escape . Subhadra was hungry but she didn't want to eat food given by her abductor . She could feel his eyes looking at her intently . She didn't want to look at his face for what he had done.

Soon maid served them food but subhadra was not eating , they pleaded her but everything went vain . It was her way of protesting against the injustice happening to her .

Karna didn't know what to do . It was painful looking at her , once cheerful and energetic girl now looked totally exhausted .

They had no choice , they would reach Anga soon and then they can do something about this after reaching anga , he thought and continued their journey.

It was next day , early morning and sun was about to raise , their chariot stopped near a river . Subhadra had slept in the chariot while karna and maid didn't sleep . Karna was trained to not sleep for days so it was easy for him.

Subhadra was having a dream in which she was marrying karna , he looked handsome than ever with a smiling face which she had seen only few times and when he did it was heavenly . Just then someone woke her . It was the maid who had woken her .

She was thinking about the dream , she didn't feel bad about it like she felt when she thought about marrying arjuna . She actually felt happy when she was dreaming. She didn't know why but she felt safe with him even when she knew he was her abductor . She had to somehow escape from this .

It was karna's daily routine to do Surya puga during his morning ,he went near the river bank , with subhadra and maid . Subhadra watched him as he did Surya Pooja he looked more handsome than ever as sun rays were merging with him . His kundals were shining brightly , it looked devine . After Surya Pooja, he did daan, he would ask people nearby to ask anything and he would willing satisfy them.

Subhadra suddenly remembered about this she had heard about how he would fulfill the needs of any one who comes to him at this time so she thought of utilising this , atlast when everyone went away , she went closer to him , he was shocked to see her . He didn't expect this , she would definitely ask him to leave her back home , he thought . But he would refuse since it will be against what his friend had asked him to do .

Subhadra said "Don't worry i will not ask you to send me back home . I want you to know that I'm ready to marry but only you , otherwise i will kill myself "

Even subhadra was surprised at what she was asking , she wanted to escape from marrying dhuryodhana . She could have just asked him to leave her back home but why was she even asking him to marry her . Was it the dream that is making her say mad things , she thought . She knew karna would just reject her.

Karna was shocked beyond . he never expected her to say that . He was just a suta , no princess would be ready to marry him . He always admired her simple nature unlike other princess but now she was even ready to marry him . She must be planning something , he thought.

Karna asked " what are you planning princess , you know that I'm a suta and no princess would want to marry me "

Subhadra was angry at the accusation . She said " I'm not planning anything, it is you who abducted me and brought me here , I'm just a victim , how could I plan anything , what i said was truth , i will marry only you otherwise i will do as i said earlier "

Again it took some time to process what she had said , was it her foolish mind or heart that was speaking , she thought .

Karna was in dilemma , if what she is saying is true than he cannot let that happen . He felt happy when she said that she would only marry him . He cannot let anything happen to her .
He would somehow convince dhuryodhana about what happened , he will surely understand his situation , he thought .

He said with stern face " I will marry you , don't do anything stupid "

When subhadra heard what he said her joy knew no bounds , she never thought about him as her husband but why is she feeling happy . But she didn't want to change anything , her heart was happy so she left it that way.

After that they went back to chariot and resumed their journey towards Anga . Soon they reached Anga .

Subhadra never thought Anga was such beautiful place , dwarka was also beautiful but both were different in some ways . She enjoyed the scenery .

She felt tired by not eating but now she was ready to eat as she felt safe now , she doesn't have to marry dhuryodhana . She chose not to think about marrying karna . She just wanted to rest now she was so tired to think of anything.

They reached the palace . Karna arranged room for subhadra who was accompanied by Young maids . Karna thought she would feel comfortable with young maids of her age .

Soon breakfast was ready and karna ordered maids to bring subhadra . They had breakfast , there was deep silence . Subhadra didn't take her eyes of food . She didn't want to look at karna for some reason . after breakfast subhadra went back to her room .