Chapter 8

2 and a half months later...

     I'm now 4 months pregnant. I'm 16 weeks along. And because I'm a bigger girl having twins, I've started to show a little. It's been 3 months and I still haven't heard from Aaron. But that's ok.

            Jen has come back, and she hasn't seen Zak since, I'm taking her to the doctor, she had an appointment, and she wanted me to come

    We're sitting in the waiting room when the nurse calls her name. I got up and helped her walk to the examination room, she fell and hurt her ankle.

    "Hello I'm your doctor today, but unfortunately we can't do any X-rays because your pregnant, but I can do a physical one"

    "I'm sorry what?" She blurts out

    "Oh you didn't know?"

    "Uh no"

    "We'll Ms Hamilton, you're pregnant. You're 8 weeks along" she looks at me and I just smile.

     "Well we've always wanted to be pregnant together, I guess it's finally happening." I told her. She smiles softly.

     We finished the appointment, and it turns out she's fine and just needs to ice it. We sit in the car listening to music like we always do, she pulls out her phone calling Zak. I tune them out as I don't feel like that's my place.

     "So Zak is coming to Canada, he's going to stay with us for a couple weeks, is that ok?" She asks

      "Yeah of course, I should probably message Aaron too. Tell him he's gonna be a dad too." She shakes her head. We pull into our small 3 bedroom townhouse, Jen goes inside and I sit there pulling out my phone. I try to call him but no answer. So I text him

     Mandy: Hey Aaron, it's Mandy. I just need to talk to you. It's really important. It needs to be in person.

      I got out of the car to walk inside and I hear my phone go off, I look down and see that Aaron is calling me now.

      Me: Hello

      Aaron: Uh hi what's up?

     Me: I just have something important to tell you, are you able to hop on a plane with Zak tonight?

     Aaron: Yeah, is everything alright?

     Me: I'm fine but I just need to talk to you.

      Aaron: ok I'll call Zak to come pick me up in his way. I'll message you once I board.

     I say ok and we hang up. I get inside and start to make Lunch.

    "Hey I called Aaron, he's coming with Zak tonight." I tell Jen as she walks into the room.

     "Ooo you guys gonna rekindle things?" She says

      "I don't know about that Jen I don't think he feels the same"

      "I don't know about that babe I think he does"

      "We'll see" I pause and hand her a plate "here eat something" she takes the plate

      "Thanks hun, are you going to eat?"

     " Yeah I am, I'm just going to take a nap after" she smiles and shakes her head. We go and eat our grilled cheese and watch an episode of The Office. When done I go upstairs and change into a baggy sweater that doesn't show my bump, when Aaron gets here I don't want him to see it until I tell him. I lay down and just go on my phone for a bit when I get a message from Aaron after about 20 mins

       Aaron: Hey, we just took off. I'll see you in about 8 hours.

       Mandy: ok have a safe flight.

      All he said back was ok thanks. I got upset with it because after not talking to him for so long made me realize that I loved him. And I don't think he feels the same. I watched a movie for a bit. Once it was over I looked at the time, it was only 2. There were only 6 more hours till they got here. It's a 4 hour flight but we live another 4 hours away. They'll be landing in 2 hours. So I decided to watch another movie. By the time it's over Jen yells up to say she's going to make dinner, I go down to help her.

     "Nice baggy sweater you look comfy" she tells me

    "Thanks" I laugh "I just don't want Aaron to see it till I tell him." Jen squeals "they've landed and are in their way!" I looked down to see if Aaron messaged me but he didn't.

     "Oh"

     "Aaron didn't tell you?"

     "Nope"

     "Sorry love"

     "It's all good." We finished making our dinner, which was spaghetti. We go and eat it together. I've started the habit of rubbing my belly now, which I love. By the time we finished it was 5 and they'd be here around 8, so I decided to go rest. I laid down and passed out.

     I woke up to a car pulling up the driveway. I sit up and look out my window that faces the front. I see Aaron and Zak get out of the car looking tired from the drive up. But Aaron looked good. I saw Jen run outside and engulfed Zak in a hug and kiss. You could see Jen point to the second floor to Aaron as he comes into the house.

     I quickly laid back down and acted asleep. I heard a knock on the door and a creek opened to him saying "Mandy?" He comes in slowly and I feel him sit on the side of my bed as he places his hand behind me using it for support. I act as if I flutter my eyes open showing him I just woke up.

     "Hey you made it" and give him a small smile.

     "Yeah I did, sorry I didn't message you when we landed I knew Zak was telling Jen and figured she'd tell you"

     I sat up slightly so my bump wouldn't show as much. "Yeah but I would've also liked it if I heard it from you. I worry"

    "Really?"

    "Yeah why wouldn't I"

    "Just didn't think you would've"

    "Well I do. Why do you think that"

    "I don't know Mandy, don't worry about it. Is everything ok"

     "Uhm yeah I'm good. Well as good as I can be. But I don't know how well you're gonna be."

     "What do you mean? What's up? What was so important you needed to talk about in person?"

    I look down, touch my belly, roll a couple tears down my face and say "I'm pregnant Aaron... with twins.... Your twins"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey!! I know I've been uploading a lot and I've been loving it!! That's Mandy's and Aaron's twins at 16 weeks and Mandy's bump at 16 weeks also. I hope your loving reading this ad much as I love writing it!! I hope you have a great day, morning, evening, or night wherever your are!

And remember to...

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE