𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔: 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭. ●

Start from the beginning

—Excuse me? —He tilted his head accusingly.

—Like motors? I think an illegal race was happening around the building last night. —I repeated in a sarcastic tone with a confused frown, treating him like he was dumb. Which he was. He just hummed quietly and returned his attention to the blueprints in question. I smiled subtly and scratched my cheek to hide it.

We stayed a few seconds in silence, leaving the intense encounter behind. He crossed his arms and bit his lip in concentration as he spinned the blue image.

—Maybe we can get started without them, just to get ahead on the- —And he was interrupted by a yawn. He covered his mouth with his fist and waited until it passed before he spoke again.

—Wow, you really are tired. How little stamina, Ani. — My voice imitated an "innocent" tone and I just shook my head disappointed.

He looked back at me and I could see his struggle to fight back. To make a comment about how I knew the type of stamina he had. That maybe he could prove it to me once more. But he didn't. He just pressed his lips and stared down at me, finally giving up. I need to up my game.

—Yes, I haven't had breakfast and those noises kept interrupting my sleep... —He shrugged his shoulders, not giving the matter more importance.

—Your sleep or your shower? — I asked provocatively and this time, he fully faced me and grabbed me by my jaw. I smirked when I got a reaction off of him, even when it meant being so close to his new yellow eyes, the flirtatious blue being replaced. The soft leather of his glove smoothed the harshness of his grip. I batted my eyelashes when his angry exhales hit my face and I looked down, not trusting in myself to keep my serious facade.

— So you knew. — He seemed... speechless. His features demonstrated that he had no clue that I knew he was spying on me. Oh... you fool. —You were aware of it this whole time.

—I don't know what you're talking about, Ani. —Wide doe eyes adorned my innocent act. Deciding to test the water a little further, I pushed myself closer, so when I said the nickname my lips would graze his. He choked me harder and pushed me back.

—Don't play with me. You did it on purpose? —He asked again with a growl.

—Do what, Ani? —I hissed when he hardened his hand around my jaw and I licked my lips, catching his attention.

— You're unbelievable... — Anakin let go of me, yet he didn't back away. —And don't call me Ani. —He squinted his eyes.

—Sorry, General, but I really don't know what you're talking about. —I tangled my hands on my back and smiled teasingly, which widened when his shoulders stiffened at the title. —Can you explain a little further?

— You can pretend all you want, but we both know what you did yesterday... —My face turned to one of complete mischief, this time not hiding my true intentions. My mouth curved into a tempting smirk and I rested my hand on the table, tilting my head. He looked at the floor and shook his head while humorlessly laughing. —... sending images through the Force...

—That's a lie. I didn't do that. — Emphasis on "that'' while I raised my eyebrows. I chuckled once more as I sat on the table, my hands supporting me from my back. I swinged my legs side to side. —Although I did read about that in a book last week, very interesting trick... so much you can do... —I rolled my eyes funnily and he glared at me.

I huffed mockingly and crossed my legs.

—I don't know why you are so mad, Ani, it's like you didn't enjoy it... And I know for a fact you did. — I affirmed confidently, eyeing his crotch not subtle at all. He relaxed with a surprising smirk and walked to me and placed his hands at both sides of my hips, our faces getting closer.