Flashback 2

Flashback

I woke up strecthing, the sun shining in my face. I squinted, looking at my alarm clock. 10:00 am. Breakfast was over. Oh well. I didn't eat too much these days anyways. I sighed, wondering whether I should get out of bed. It had been two weeks since Annabeth's death, and the scene was still fresh in my mind. But it was better not to linger on the memory. Whenever I did, I just became depressed all over again. I had barely started to get better, and today might be a day to make some progress. Turns out, I was never more wrong. I got up, and walked to the shower. I cleaned myself off, but seeing as I hadn't seen the sun in two days, there wasn't to much grime on me. It still felt fresh to finally feel the water though. After showering, I walked outside, ignoring the pitiful glances of campers. Instead I decided to visit my parents. I hadn't seen or talked to my mother since Annabeth...passed away. I jogged to the big house, finally stretching my muscles in some time. I rapped sharply on the door, and a surprised Chiron opened the door. he motioned for me to come in, and I took a step in, barely giving a thought to the surroundings I would soon disown. I faced Chiron, who looked nervous, as if I was mad.

"Chiron, I want to visit Paul and my mom today."

"Oh-oh yes, of course, lad. How long will you be staying?"

"Just the day."

"Well,seeing as its almost noon already, you better be on your way."

"Thanks, Chiron!"

I walked out, breaking into a run, as I hit the grass. I quickly grabbed riptide from my cabin, and strapped on my watch, which Tyson had since made anew in his free time. However, this time it depicted the battle for olympus, and the Giant War. I pulled a sweatshirt over my muscle tee, and quickly stepped outside. I whistled sharply, and the shadows in front of me twisted and writhed to reveal a hellhound. Mrs. O'Leary. I hopped on her back, and she dissapeared into the shadows, reappearing in front of my apartment in Manhattan. Before Mrs. O'Leary could cause any trouble with the neighbors, I gave her a few pieces of special hellhound food that the Stolls had come up with, and shooed her away. I knocked on the door, and it was opened by a worrisome Paul.

"Percy! Thank Gods you're here!"

I walked in, to see my mom, sitting on the couch, staring forward listlessly.

"Ever since...your girlfriend died, and we had no idea what happened to you, she's been like this. Waiting for you."

I nodded, and went to sit next to her. She didn't seem to realize I was there, so I put an arm around her. She looked at me, and her eyes lit up.

"Oh, Percy! Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm...better now, mom."

She looked at me with worry in her eyes, and gave me a bear hug. I hugged her back, and she sighed contentedly. She suddenly got up, and smiled.

"How long are you staying?"

I grinned. "The Day."

She wenrt into the kitchen, and returned with a plate of cookies. They were blue, except for this time, they had white chocolate.

"I decided to try something different" My mom replied sheepishly, to my surprised look.

I gave her another hug, shoving a cookie into my mouth. Paul came and sat next to me, and I pushed the plate to him. He reluctantly picked one up. Just then, I realized that i had shadow traveled, and let a hellound lick me before I came here. I yelped, dropping my half-eaten cookie, rushing to the bathroom, while my mom lauged.