Flashback

He looked at the box opening it in his hands, and looked at the ring. It glinted in the sun. He remembered the last time he had seen her, back when they had their fight. After that he hadn't seen her for a week. They were giving each other the silent treatment over some stupid fight. But one night, he had a dream. He saw the fates. It was a disturbing dream, and he saw the future. His future. And in the end, he saw Annabeth dying, while he sobbed. Of course, that only represented that she would die, not how or when. But when he saw that, his future self, crying over her limp body, the camp gathered around, he was reminded of something. Just how much he loved Annabeth. And that he couldn't let her die so easily. He had already had the ring specially made, but then they had their petty little fight. He couldn't propose. But now he would.

*****

He walked into the mess hall, and saw her sitting on the other side of the hall, chatting happily with Nico. He walked to her, and her smile slowly faded. She started to get up and walk away, and his heart started to hurt a little. She stormed away, but he simply ran after her. She was just outside her cabin when he finally grabbed her hand. She turned around, looking at him coldly. But all he did in response was push her against the wall and embrace her in a lustful and passionate kiss. He put his hands on her waist, and she grabbed his hair, pulling him towards him kissing him back. He nipped at her lower lip, and she gasped. He slowly roamed his hands up her body, eliciting light moans from her, until he reached her back. Wrapping her legs around his waist, they pulled together, almost merging into one. For a while, they made out, until he pulled away, both of them gasping for air. For a while they stood there, simply enjoying each others presence, while he easily supported her. Resting his head in the crook of her neck, he spoke.

"I'm sorry, Annabeth, I'm so sorry. ", he whispered

"It's okay, seaweed brain, I was being stupid. No mater what, I love-", she was cut of by a shrill scream. They quickly seperated, and it seemed that he was mentally debating what to do.

"It's from the beach. Stay here, annabeth, please." Then he grabbed her shoulders and gave her one last kiss. Her expression looked shocked yet blissfull. Looking her in the eye he spoke once again.

"I love you, Annabeth. No matter what, I always will. Never doubt that. When everything went to hell, you were my one constant. Through thick or thin, you are the one perosn I care most about. You're my best friend, but also the love of my life. I never want to lose you. And I won't let you get lost. I swear that, no matter what happens."

Tears welled up in her eyes, and all she could do was nod.

*****

He ran down to the beach, racing and weaving through the trees, thoughts simultaneously raced through his mind. He hadn't even got to propose. He just hoped that he would get through this alive. He had to. He and annabeth were supposed to be the perfect couple. They were supposed to live and be together until they died.

At the beach, he got his first look at the monster. It was a creature of darkness. It roared and exposed its dark blue maw. It had a breastplate with no straps; it simply protruded from its flesh, and the monster's skin was black and veiny. It had bronze claws preceded by crystalline arms laced with what looked like imperial gold. A creature from the deepest depths of tartarus. This monster would come to be the cause of his deepest griefs. It would be the spark to a fire that was centuries of pain. He barely remembered the battle, only the monster and what it did. He only remembered annabeth, and some others charging down to his aid, armed to the neck. The monster's claws swatting Annabeth away, ripping through her chest. A tsunami and earthquake so violent, more demigods were injured than the monster itself. But he didn't care. he only cared about one thing, annabeth. He hadn't thought about annabeth dying. he had always thought that he would die before her, involved in some stupid sacrifice. How had he let this happen? They had been through tartarus, battled the titan of time, defeated the earth mother, and in the end, some stupid monster was the one to kill her.

"Percy..." she mumbled. Her voice creaked, the pain resonated in it.

"Yes! Annabeth? Please...don't die on me." He couldnt be mad or sad, he

"It's okay, seaweed brain..."
The nickname triggered something in him, and he could see it did for her too. Years of memories, of sorrow and pain, but also happiness and laughing, and sometimes being miserable, but the misery was ok because he still had Annabeth. Because threw the most eventful years of his life, she had been there, and at first he didnt appreciate her enough, then he loved her, but never showed it enough, and now all he could do was regret not kissing her everyday and hugging her every chance he got.

"Just..dont do anything stupid, okay? live for me, if not for yourself, but please, live. Leave this life, stop being a hero, and do something with your life. Let this be a spur for change, Percy for something better. I know you'll miss me, and I'll miss you... "

"Annabeth, don't even say that, please...your not going to die... I wont let you! Guys, what are you doing! Someone go get a medic, some nectar and ambrosia! GO!!!"

Some campers scampered off. He looked scary, his sea green eyes glowing with rage. He yelled but it was half hearted. He knew what was coming. He knew this was the end. Thinking of what life would be like without her, he just couldn't.

"Percy, no, just stop. you cant do anything more for me..."

"then..." he choked on his words.

"I'll meet you in elysium then..I'll see you again, I promise"

"Of course, seaweed brain. Since when has death ever been the end for us?"

She smiled and so did he. He didn't know how he could, at a time like this, but he did. With one last breath, she suddenly went cold, her body limp. He took one last look at her and kissed her on the forehead, gently. A smile remained on her face one he didn't see often. A peaceful, relaxed one. He took his head in her lap and smiled, a tear dropping from his eyes. He closed annabeth's eyelids.

"Goodbye, annabeth".

His smile faded, and he sat back. He put his hand in hers, feeling the heat drain from it. He cradled her head in his arms, and the sun started to set. The campers came running back, but they saw it then. A limp body, and another figure, one so worn down by experience and emotion. They held hands on the beach. He held her body. Engulfed in an orange light, they left, giving the legendary couple space. He felt a relaxed depression overcome him. This was his final moment with her he wanted to think. But he would definitely meet her again one day. He knew he had to. So that, he swore on the river styx.