Chapter Fifty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Isn't that why I'm here?"

"I meant longer than a week, love".

I shrugged.

"All right then. You'll think about it?"

I nodded.

"How's about a run before breakfast?", he asked and I felt my mouth drop open. That was EXACTLY what I needed.

"Oh! YES! Rev, yes! Oh, thank you!"

I grabbed his face and kissed him all over his bald head as he laughed, then I leaped up and grabbed my suitcase to change.

...........................................................................

After a run, breakfast at the hotel, and a very long and enjoyable shower, Rev's love was looking more like herself. She was smiling and seemed relaxed.

"What do you want to do today, love?", he asked as she was applying makeup in the bathroom.

"Can you show me around some places?", she asked.

He chuckled. "This ain't a tourist town, love. There's not much to see other than cattle, horses, and dust".

"Oh, I adore horses!", she said, her entire face lighting up.

Rev chuckled. He adored her, and anything that delighted her. He knew Jose had a ranch, but he was hesitant about people knowing who she was. However, he wanted these guys to trust him, and he did trust Tim...

"I'm going to make a call, love", Rev decided. "Be right back".

"I'll stay here", she said, a mischievous twinkle in her eye. He knew she was teasing him, which was good to see.

He chuckled. "You're a shit", he said, kissing her forehead.

Rev sauntered downstairs and outside to call Tim, who answered right away.

"Hey, mate. My girl, Paige, is in town till next week. Having issues with the wanker".

"Bring her over!", was Tim's immediate reply. "We'd love to meet her!"

"I do trust you", Rev said, "but you know how nervous it makes me for anyone to know who she is, yeah?"

"Buddy, I know. You've met my whole family. Bring her".

Of course. He did know.

"I was wondering...she loves horses, animals in general...".

Tim started laughing. "I'm already taking the kids to Jose's this afternoon. He won't mind you two tagging along".

Rev hesitated. He knew Paige would love it.

"You can trust him", Tim said. "She's safe with us".

"All right", Rev agreed after another moment. Trusting people with the most important thing of his entire life was really difficult.

"Come on over", Tim said. "I'll let Lia know you two will be joining us for lunch".

"Thanks, mate", Rev said. "See you soon".

Rev popped back into the room. Paige's makeup was done, her long hair was braided, and she was straightening up the room.

"I thought of something to do", she said seriously, meeting his eyes as he walked in.

"Oh, yeah, love?  What's that?"

"I want to learn sniper shooting".

Rev threw his head back and laughed until he couldn't breathe.