"Of course you are" Evan tilted his head to look at Mark. "You were always top of everything."

"Well, being number 1 is hard work when everyone is trying to kill you but, being number one here when everyone is trying to save someone is really different." From the dirty, crazy, war zone to a clean, chaotic, safe haven, Mark didn't know which he preferred. Some days he lost patients, like he lost his people, his friends out on the field. Some days the blood that soaked his skin reminded him so much of Iraq and Pakistan that he couldn't breathe, he couldn't work, he just held his hands on their wounds and tried to remember to breathe.

Buzz, buzz, buzz.

Evan glanced back at Mark, who was pulling out his pager.

"Your patient?"

"Yep, he's awake. I'm praying for your friend and for you" he added as stood to leave.

"Wait" Evan said rising up as well. "You said all those years ago that you prayed for me to get better."

"Yes. I did and I prayed long after that, that you would have a happy life. A healthy life."

"You still believe that God exists after seeing all the death and pain, all the suffering here?" Mark took a step forward and put his hands on Evans shoulders. "After everything you have seen, don't you think it's ridiculous to believe, to pray?" Mark was content at Evan's words. He had come God after Evan's accident and continued to go to church, pray, and tell others of the miracles he saw every week. "How can you still have faith, still pray after everything?" Evan couldn't fathom what Mark was thinking.

"I have seen more death and destruction then many people but, I have also seen life, and healing and miracles that can only be explained by God himself." Mark dropped his hands from Evan and smiled. "You were the one that told me every day that it was stupid of me to not believe. To not pray. After all we did, risking our lives every day, all day... Evan you may have lost faith, but you were the one to bring me to faith." Evan shook his head rubbing at the pimple that was forming on his cheek. "I have to go but, I will come back and check on you and friend." Evan nodded and turned back towards Scarlett's room. "It was really good to see you Evan."

"You too" Evan hugged him again and watched Mark run off to his patient. Evan was about to head back when the door flew open and Scarlett was rushed out.

"What's happening?" Lena screamed over the noise. "Where are you taking her?"

"Her ear started to bleed, we have to take her to get another head MRI."

"Head MRI" Brandon gripped Lena's tiny hand in his. "I thought she already had one."

"She did but things don't always appear right away." Scarlett's parents took another step forward trying to follow but the nurse told them to stay put, she would notify them of what she found and what they would do next.

It was more waiting now. This time there was no simple conversation only soft cries and softer prayers. Half hour later and a nurse came running to Lena and Brandon papers in hand.

"There was a bleed in her brain" she was out of breath and she held out the papers in her shaking hands. Her nails were purple and chipped and her hair was falling out of its pony tail. Lena took the papers and scanned them. "We have to do a surgery now, to stop the bleed." The nurse continued to explain but Evan could no longer hear. He fell to the floor his knees giving way, he hit his head on the wall as he went and Marline dropped next to him.

"Honey?" Her compassion and love dulled the pain he felt but he couldn't move. Lena and Brandon signed the release forms, the consent they needed to perform the surgery. Then as everyone watched the nurse run away, back to the doctors, back to Scarlett the Connor's dropped to the ground along with Franklin. Lena was crying again, Evan wasn't sure if she ever stopped. After a long dragging moment Brandon spoke up.