23. Final chapter: Truth

Hanji's painful scream was making my heart explode.
No... I can't loose you... Not again... Not like this... Hanji... please...

But, in that exact moment, I heard the sound of an electro shock gun.
"We've got him. Don't worry" said a male voice.
I opened my eyes looking at my right, where the voice came from. My view was still blurred, but I could clearly see the figures of three policemen standing side by side, the first one with a gun pointed towards Erwin.
The blonde man was lying on the floor, passed out because of the electro shock.
At my left there was Hanji. I sighed as I saw she was ok and that the knife didn't fall on her but at her side, avoiding her to get hurt.
I saw the policemen handcuffing Erwin and taking him with them, while my view was finally getting better.

Hanji and I remained alone inside Erwin's room.
I noticed her going downstairs. When she came back to me she had a wet cloth in her hand. She started to pass it under my nose.
I looked at her and noticed a bruise on her cheek and a bit of blood was coming out from her nose.
"You're bleeding..." I whispered, while I was trying to make my breath return to normal after Erwin's kick in my stomach.
Hanji chuckled.
"I know" she said, whispering like me and continuing to pass the cloth on my face.
"You should go to the hospital..." I said, looking in her eyes.
"Me?! Ahah! I don't think so..." she laughed, looking motherly at me.

We remained in silence for a bit, Hanji passing the cloth on my face to block my bleeding and me just remaining there and looking at her taking care of me.

The blood on her nose started to drop on my body, since she was all curved above me.
"Oh, sorry Levi" she said, cleaning the blood on her face with the sleeve of her coat.
I rolled my eyes.
"Tsk! You shouldn't clean yourself with your clothes..." I commented.
Before she could say something, I raised my hand and took the cloth from her hands.
I turned it on the clean side, where the wasn't already my blood, and started to pass it under her nose, gently.

I was still weak so keeping my arm raised was a difficult job, but I tried to keep it up because I wanted to make her feel better.
Hanji, on the other hand, let me do it, while she was looking at me with a soft look.

After a bit of time, my arm started to fall, because I couldn't stand it anymore.
I looked at Hanji, all cleaned up but still with the purple bruise on her cheek.
"Are you happy now?" She asked with a whisper and a smile.
I nodded a bit.
She chuckled.
"You are such a sweetie, shorty"

I don't know why I did it.

I grabbed her by her blouse and pulled her closer to me, my weak body not really helping, but I forced myself.
When her face was enough close, I raised my head from the wall and closed my eyes. Then our lips met.
Her soft lips were sweetly pressed against mine, in a soft kiss.

I turned my head to left a bit and moved my hands on her cheeks, like if I was making sure that she would have remained close to me.
I could feel her cheeks getting warmer every second. She probably was redder than a tomato.

After a bit, she interrupted our sweet kiss, moving her head away.
No... do you want to stop it already...?

My hands were still on her cheeks and our eyes were deeply lost into each other. Her beautiful shining chocolate eyes were smiling at me and, like I thought, her cheeks were really really red.
I smiled a bit.
"I love you... my crazy criminal freak" I said with a whisper, my smile growing bigger.
Hanji chuckled.
"I love you too, my stubborn shorty"

***

What I hated the most was being stuck all alone inside my tied up house.
I had to thank Nanaba, Mike, Petra and the guys for helping me tidying my things. Even if I liked the fact that everything was arrived at an end, I still couldn't pass a moment not thinking about what had happened during that day.