17. Hole in the heart

LEVI POV *FLASHBACK*

"Levi-bro!!!! We're here!!!!"
I turned my head, following the voice. In the street there was a big red car. Inside, my two best friends were smiling and waving their hands at me.
I smiled at them, walking at their direction.
"What do you think?!" Isabel exclaimed, excited like always, her red hair moving following the movements of her head "isn't this car beautiful?!"
"Yes it is" I answered, finally reaching them.
"I know! Farlan brought it just two days ago for his 18th birthday! We are gonna test it today! And you're gonna come with us!"
The blonde guy sat next to her laughed.
"Ahahah! Isabel, please, don't scream this way! You are gonna wake up every old sleeping lady in here!" Farlan exclaimed.
The girl ignored him.
"Hey, big bro! Do you wanna go to the disco tonight? We'll go there with this amazing car!"
I smiled. I didn't really like night clubs or places like that but with them it would have been fun anyway.
"Ok" I answered.
"Yay! We're gonna pick you up tonight in front of your house!" Isabel screamed.
"But" said Farlan "before leading to the disco we're gonna pass to my house to see something"
"See what?" I asked.
"You'll see" smirked the blonde guy.
"See ya later, big bro!"
"See ya, Levi!"
Farlan and Isabel drove the red car away from where I was.
Late night party at a disco. It wouldn't be too bad, right?

***

I finished to dress myself and went to the main door of my house. Even if I had turned 18 only the month before I decided to immediately live alone. Being inside the same house of my uncle for another year sounded like hell... not because he didn't care of me... he was very similar to me in relationships: he didn't show much, but he cared a lot.
But the reason was that I wanted my space. With him around I could never do anything.

I closed the door behind my back and reached Isabel and Farlan inside their car.
"Hey, big bro! You are late! We were about to enter!" She exclaimed while I was sitting in the backseat.
"I gave you a copy of my keys only for emergencies, not to enter because I'm late" I said, fastening the belt around my body.
"I know I know!" Isabel turned her head to Farlan "Come on, you can press that button now!"
"It's not a button, it's a pedal" said Farlan.
"Just press it, I want to go to dance!"

The car left my apartment and led to Farlan's one.
During the little journey, Isabel couldn't stop screaming about how much she wanted me to see their surprise. She said it was something I would have appreciated.

We arrived at him after half an hour. It was already 7.00 p.m.
We entered in the house and Isabel grabbed my hand, leading me to the surprise.
We surpassed the kitchen and arrived in front of the closed door of Farlan's bedroom.
"Are you ready?!" She exclaimed.
"Yes" I smiled.
Farlan reached us.
"I hope you'll approve, Levi. All of this wouldn't have happened without you" he said.
I nodded, even if I had no idea of what I was about to see.
Isabel jumped excited up and down, before leading to the door.
"Close your eyes" Farlan whispered.
I did as he said.
I heard the sound of an opening door.
"Ok, Levi" said Farlan "you can open your eyes"
I did it.

I immediately looked inside Farlan's room. What caugh my eyes was the bed.
A double bed.
I widened my eyes. I was shocked, in a good way.
I turned my head to see Farlan and Isabel, who had moved near me. They were both smiling.
"You... you two wanna live together?"
"YES!! ISN'T IT AMAZING?!?!" Isabel screamed, jumping up and down, making Farlan smile.

I knew that they were dating since three years and they were also really cute together, but I never believed they would have took a decision so fast. They were both adults, that was true, and I also knew that Isabel had some problems at home and that she wanted to leave it the fastest way possible but...
Anyway, I was happy for them. They were my best friends, the people I loved the most, and all I wanted was them to be happy.