Chapter 14

Lana sat on the plane, this time she was not lucky enough to get a window seat. She was stuck between a snoring old man and a guy who was probably right around her age. He was groaning in frustration at the game that played from his phone; it looked like basketball, but she wasn't sure.

"Ah, fuck this." He sighed, before shutting his phone off and turning to stare at Lana who offered him a half smile. He grinned, leaning back into his chair and pulling his arms behind his head, nearly hitting her in the process. "Sorry about that." He readjusted himself to turn towards Lana, "What are you reading?"

She closed her copy of Jane Eyre, "It's um, Jane Eyre, have you read it?"

He chuckled to himself, shaking his head slowly, "I don't read a lot anymore, but I did as a kid. Huge Harry Potter fan."

"Really?" Lana smiled, "I loved those books! Which was your favorite?"

"The fourth one is always good, it might be my favorite, but I've always really liked the second part of seven."

That was exactly what Lana had always thought, no one ever agreed with her though. "No way! Book four will always be the best, but seven never gets the appreciation it deserves!" They continued the rest of the flight talking back and forth about the Harry Potter series, eventually the conversation found its way to various other series they had both enjoyed as kids.

"You know I always did resonate with Nico; he was probably my favorite." Lana told him as they both trudged through the crowded airport to the baggage claim.

"He was pretty cool, should have gotten more chapters."

The guy, whose name Lana had found to be Will, helped her pull her suitcase from the conveyor belt. She thanked him, grabbing the handle and turning to look around for Dream or Sapnap, but neither of them were in sight.

"Hey, before we part ways, could I get your number?" He looked nervous, offering his phone forward while his other hand went to grab the back of his neck. Lana blushed before entering her number into his contacts.

"Lana!" She heard the familiar sound of Dream's voice calling her, hopefully he didn't do anything totally shitty in front of Will.

"Hi." She said quietly after waving goodbye to Will and walking towards Dream.

"Who was that?" He asked, staring back at the guy with an expressionless look. Lana really didn't want to explain any of this, she was embarrassed enough at the thought that Dream had just potentially seen her try to flirt with someone. She knew that she shouldn't be, she was a grown adult, but still, Lana's cheeks were burning pink.

"Just someone I met on the plane." She walked faster, ushering both of them out of the airport. Dream muttered something under his breath but followed after her silently. They got into his car and drove the 30 minutes back to his house, listening to the long radio ads. She wanted to ask for the aux or Bluetooth, but Lana was scared to break the silence. Dream's presence was tense, and he gripped the steering wheel tight. Something was most definitely up his ass.

"Are you okay?" Lana asked him, continuing to stare out the window.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Because your fingers are turning white from holding the steering wheel so tight." Lana leaned over to look at him, he loosened his grip but kept his shoulders tense.

"Just want to get this over with."

Why was he like this? Lana was coming to Orlando to meet his family, for him. The least he could do was not be a complete ass.

"What, me being here?" She almost spit out the words, anger filling her head. Dream brought out the worst in her.

"I don't mean it like that." His voice was tired.

"How else could that be meant?"

"You being forced to meet my family, that's what I meant." Dream sighed, "I'm trying to be nicer."

"I see that."

They pulled into the driveway, Sapnap's car nowhere in sight, apparently, he was out at Punz's house for a stream. Lana lugged her suitcase back to the familiar guest room and fell onto the bed, drifting into a deep sleep. As her eyes slowly shut, she thought about what Dream had said, he was trying to be nice. It felt like a load of bullshit, but she'd take it. Trying was better than nothing.